California Goals: Environment Grants
Lisa & Douglas Goldman FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in California: Alameda County, Contra Costa County, Marin County, Napa County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Solano County, Sonoma County Other eligible locations: Counties in California: Alameda County, Alpine County, Amador County, Butte County, Calaveras County, Colusa County, Contra Costa County, Del Norte County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Glenn County, Humboldt County, Inyo County, Kings County, Lake County, Lassen County, Madera County, Marin County, Mariposa County, Mendocino County, Merced County, Modoc County, Mono County, Monterey County, Napa County, Nevada County, Placer County, Plumas County, Sacramento County, San Benito County, San Francisco County, San Joaquin County, San Mateo County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Shasta County, Sierra County, Siskiyou County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Stanislaus County, Sutter County, Tehama County, Trinity County, Tuolumne County, Yolo County, Yuba County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Established in 1992 by Lisa and Douglas Goldman, the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund is a private foundation committed to providing support for charitable organizations that enhance our society. As natives of San Francisco, the Goldmans place a high priority on projects that have an impact upon the San Francisco community. Within its grantmaking areas, the Fund strives to be responsive and flexible as well as to make informed and responsible grants to support qualified projects. We invite you to review the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund’s newly stated Interests and Priorities.
Interests & Priorities - Environment
The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund supports organizations that are making valuable contributions in the following field:
- Goal: Preserve and prevent further degradation of California’s land and water resources (Geographic Area: Northern California with a preference for projects that impact the San Francisco Bay Area).
- Promote projects that ensure the long-term sustainability and protection of critical habitat and natural resources.
- Goal: Reduce local sources of greenhouse gas emissions and help prepare for the impacts of climate change on Bay Area ecosystems (Geographic Area: San Francisco Bay Area).
- Advance responsible land use and transportation policies and practices.
- Promote strategies to protect natural resources from the effects of climate change.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- In order to be considered for a grant from the Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund, an organization must be classified as a public charity and have 501(c)(3) status from the Internal Revenue Service or have a fiscal agent with 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations are eligible for only one grant (not including Annual Grants) per year from the Fund.
- To be eligible for capital campaign support, an organization must have personal financial contributions to the capital campaign from 100% of its Board of Directors.
- The Fund provides Annual Grants for general support to a specific list of organizations. Applications for annual support are not accepted.
- The Fund rarely provides support for 100% of a project’s budget.
- The Lisa and Douglas Goldman Fund will not consider applications for support for:
- Books or periodicals
- Deficit budgets
- Production of documentaries and films
- Events or conferences
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the California Goals: Environment Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.