Cambridge Arctic Shelf Programme: Robert Scott Memorial Award
The Geological Society of LondonSuggest an update
Grant amount: £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within 7 years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Geological Society of London is a not-for-profit organisation, and a registered charity (no. 210161). Its aims are to improve knowledge and understanding of the Earth, to promote Earth science education and awareness, and to promote professional excellence and ethical standards in the work of Earth scientists, for the public good.
CASP (formerly known as the Cambridge Arctic Shelf Programme) has generously bequeathed an endowment in memory of Robert Scott, one of their senior geologists who died suddenly in 2012 of leukaemia. The interest earned will be used to support a single research award of £2000 each year.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for the award applicants must be UK based and one of the following:
- Registered postgraduate students
- University postdoctoral researchers
- University lecturers
- Postdoctoral researchers and university lecturers should preferably apply within 7 years of their first appointment to an academic position.
- Awards shall be made to support research under the following terms:
- At least 50% of the award should be spent directly on research fieldwork (transport, accommodation and field logistical support).
- Preference will be given to applications that are in regard of fieldwork in Arctic regions (field areas within the Arctic Circle).
- Preference will also be given to projects that focus on basin analysis studies including:
- Structural geology
- Provenance analysis
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cambridge Arctic Shelf Programme: Robert Scott Memorial Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.