Cameco Scholarships in the Geological Sciences
Grant amount: C $6,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 1, 2018
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada
University restriction: University of SaskatchewanView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Cameco is one of the world's largest uranium producers providing about 18% of the world's production from mines in Canada, the US and Kazakhstan. We hold about 410 million pounds of proven and probable reserves, extensive resources and have focused our exploration programs on three continents where our land holdings total about 1.6 million hectares. We are also a leading provider of nuclear fuel processing services, supplying much of the world's reactor fleet with the fuel to generate one of the cleanest sources of electricity available today.
This scholarship is to encourage students to pursue a career in the geological sciences and is open to students studying geological sciences at the University of Saskatchewan. Students are advised to consult with the Department of Geological Sciences at the University of Saskatchewan for further information and eligibility requirements.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Open to continuing students who have enrolled in a Bachelor of Science degree program.
- Students must submit a written statement describing their academic goals and interest in a career in the geological sciences (as of 2011, this specialization includes Geology, Geophysics, and Environmental Earth Sciences).
- Selection criteria: Academic achievement and the interest in pursuing a career in the Geological Sciences, as outlined in the statement.
- Preference will be given to residents of Saskatchewan's North (RSN), defined as a person who has resided in Saskatchewan's North for a period of 10 years or one half of his or her age, whichever is lesser, or a person who has been designated by the Government of Saskatchewan to be a resident of Saskatchewan's North.
- Saskatchewan's North is defined as any of the communities within the Northern Administrative District (NAD).
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cameco Scholarships in the Geological Sciences by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.