CFUW Linda Souter Humanities Award
Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW)
Grant amount: C $6,000
Deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada
Location of citizenship: Canada
Gender restriction: FemaleView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Inaugurated in 2015, the award is named to honour Linda Souter, the only Canadian member that has served both as President of CFUW and Graduate Women International (formerly known as IFUW).
Awarded to a masters or doctoral student studying in the area of the Humanities. Generally, study in the Humanities is theoretical and does not involve empirical methodology. The Humanities could include the following:
- English Language and Literature,
- Languages Study,
- Film Studies,
- Communication Studies, and
- Culture Studies.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Awarded to a masters or doctoral student studying in the area of the Humanities.
- Generally, study in the Humanities is theoretical and does not involve empirical methodology.
- Eligibility is restricted to women.
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor degree or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Applicants must be accepted or currently enrolled in their proposed programs and places of study for the upcoming academic year.
- Applicants may apply for more than 1 CFUW award; a separate filling fee is required for each application.
- International students studying in Canada with International Student Visa status are not eligible.
- No candidate will be granted more than one CFUW Fellowship or Award in a given year. If the same applicant wins more than one award, she will receive the award of greatest monetary value.
- A single candidate may win a maximum of 3 CFUW Fellowships and/or Awards during a lifetime, and no more than 2 for the same academic degree.
- CFUW Fellowships and Awards are non-renewable with one exception, the CFUW Aboriginal Women’s
Award (AWA). A successful recipient will not be awarded the same fellowship or award in consecutive
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFUW Linda Souter Humanities Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.