Patrick And Janet Stuart Scholarship For Students From Lesotho
Canon Collins Trust
Grant amount: R65,000 - R100,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 21, 2019
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe Expand all
Location of residency: Lesotho, South Africa
Location of citizenship: Lesotho
Must travel to: South AfricaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Canon Collins Trust seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in Southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In early 2015 the Trust revised its South African scholarship awards policy. For the next 3 years we will be offering scholarships only to those studying in three areas:
- Including Law, Economics, Politics and the Environment
- Policy and practice
- Including Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Canon Collins Trust is delighted to offer one scholarship each year in the name of Patrick and Janet Stuart.
Janet and Patrick lived in Lesotho from 1979 to 1985, working in education and accountancy respectively. These scholarships are offered in memory of Patrick, who died in 2007, and of their warm links with the Basotho people. The scholarship is available for students from Lesotho to study at postgraduate level at a South African university.
We will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports. In 2017 most awards will be valued at R65,000 for each year of study at Masters and PhD level. In exceptional cases we may offer up to R100,000 per year. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- Be a national of Lesotho
- Be normally resident in Lesotho
- Be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- We will favor applicants who most clearly demonstrate that their proposed course and future plans align with the Trust’s priorities.
- We favor applications where there is a demonstrable continuity between applicant’s past study and career and their proposed course of study.
- Applications for courses that are not within three areas of study (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences, applied sciences) will be rejected.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Patrick And Janet Stuart Scholarship For Students From Lesotho by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.