Capacity Building Partnerships Program (Community Development)
Triangle Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,500 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2019 8:59pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in North Carolina: Chatham County, Durham County, Orange County, Wake County
Location of residency: Counties in North Carolina: Chatham County, Durham County, Orange County, Wake CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
This program is a direct grant support component of the Foundation’s commitment to supporting people and places in our community by building a path to housing, health and employment.
Triangle Community Foundation recognizes the importance of community support structures that ultimately lead to success. The Foundation addresses these regional needs through initiatives and grants supported by the Fund for the Triangle. We support Community Development organizations through the Capacity Building Partnerships Program. The Foundation believes that capacity strengths and challenges can best be revealed through an organizational assessment. Capacity building projects “strengthen a nonprofit organization and help it better fulfill its mission. ”
Triangle Community Foundation invests in the effectiveness of organizations with:
- Proven, evidence-based program models
- Outcome measurement and evaluation strategies
- Demonstrated success in Community Development: Addressing persistent poverty by expanding access to opportunity through comprehensive housing, health, and employment services
- The Foundation values and prioritizes organizations working collaboratively in these areas.
In Phase I, funding is available for organizational assessments. An organizational assessment is a diagnostic tool used to assist in the identification of capacity strengths and challenges and provides baseline data for evaluation purposes. The Foundation believes assessment is an important step before beginning a capacity building effort. Broad assessment allows for staff and board leadership to reflect on everyday programming and procedures of the organization, as well big picture mission and goals, allowing prioritization and avoiding misdirected energy and resources.
Organizations will be selected based on:
- fit within focus areas priorities
- support from leadership, both board and staff
- desire for self-reflection, organizational improvement, and readiness to begin assessment process
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation invites 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, religious congregations, and governmental agencies based in Chatham, Durham, Orange, and Wake counties to apply.
- Organizations operating under fiscal sponsorship of a tax-exempt nonprofit are eligible to apply when collaborating with a 501(c)(3) that meets all other criteria.
- Organizations must be addressing the priorities of the community development focus area.
- Organizations must meet the Foundation’s non-discrimination policy.
- Organizations must have been incorporated at least three years prior to application deadline.
- Only one application per organization will be considered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Capacity Building Partnerships Program (Community Development) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.