Community Impact General Grants
The Cape Cod FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Conference, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Barnstable County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: We will be accepting applications for the next grant cycle on/about March 1, 2020 for review during the second quarter of 2020.
NOTE: Applications for General Grants are accepted on a rolling basis. The Grants Committee will meet periodically as demand dictates, at least once per quarter. In general, decisions regarding General Grants will be made 6-8 weeks after submission. Please check The Cape Cod Foundation website for deadline updates.
The Cape Cod Foundation was founded in 1989 with the mission to improve community life on Cape Cod through philanthropy and grantmaking. One of the ways this mission is accomplished is by developing permanent and flexible endowment funds to help nonprofit organizations respond to the existing and emerging needs of the Cape. Therefore, the Foundation’s grantmaking program is broad; grants may be made in the areas of health, human services, the environment, education, the arts, and community development. All projects must serve the residents of Barnstable County.
General Grants are less than $5,000 and are designed to address emerging opportunities, launch creative initiatives, and cover costs of small, one-time projects.
All projects must serve the residents of Barnstable County.
General Grants will support:
- Existing programs with a proven track record of success that strengthen or enhance the program
- Pilot projects and idea testing
- Program planning and development
- Organizational development and planning, technical assistance (e.g. board/staff retreats, strategic planning projects)
- Needs assessments and feasibility studies (e.g. capital campaign feasibility studies, market research)
- Events and one-time programs with specific community outcomes (e.g. educational/outreach program, symposia, and conferences)
- Small equipment to support key programs
- Communication and outreach projects (e.g. public awareness or volunteer recruitment campaigns)
We are particularly interested in supporting capacity building initiatives for organizations that are focused on meeting our programmatic priorities in the six areas in which we fund:
- Arts and Culture;
- Children, Youth and Families;
- Health and Human Services;
- Community and Economic Development; and
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Types of organizations that may apply:
- 501(c)(3) public charities OR organizations serving a charitable purpose that are applying with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Faith-based organizations; however, proposals will only be considered if:
- services benefit all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service
- Civic organizations (proposals must be project-based and of a charitable nature, and the organization must have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization)
- Public and private schools, for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that school)
- Other government agencies with project-based proposals (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that agency)
- The Foundation will place a stronger emphasis on proposals that require matching funds or challenge grants to leverage additional funds.
- The Cape Cod Foundation will generally not consider proposals to fund the following:
- Capital Campaigns
- Endowment Building
- Monuments and Memorials
- Capital Improvements
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Impact General Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.