Community Impact Strategic Focus Grants
The Cape Cod FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Next deadline: Nov 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Later deadlines: Sep 10, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Barnstable County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Strategic Focus Grants are requests of $5,000 or more to address strategic initiatives and long-range organizational capacity building. These particular grants seek to utilize resources in the most efficient and effective way to develop or implement long-term solutions to address documented organizational and/or community challenges.
Strategic Focus Grants will support:
- Actions that improve nonprofit effectiveness and efficiency and/or strengthen organizational infrastructure and long-term viability;
- Initial staff expansion for organizational growth with a clear plan for sustainability of position after funding ends ;
- Collaborative projects or strategic partnerships to address complex, regional needs (e.g. projects that engage multiple organizations, public policy initiatives, etc.) ;
- Expansion (e.g. geographic) or enhancement of existing programs with a proven track record of success;
- we are particularly interested in supporting strategies to increase sustainability or self-sufficiency of existing programs (e.g. through diversification of revenue sources.
The Community Impact Grants Committee will make grants in the following six program areas, further defined by a vision and specific priority strategies for each area:
Arts and Culture: A community where arts and cultural experiences are enjoyed by all.
- Expand access to the arts
- Provide arts and cultural education and awareness
Children, Youth and Families: A community where the needs of children, youth, and families are met.
- Increase access and affordability to programs and services for children and youth
- Expand access to resources and education for parents and caregivers
- Increase access to affordable, high-quality childcare and early education experiences
Health and Human Services: A community where residents live healthy, active lifestyles and their social, emotional, and medical needs are addressed.
- Expand access to healthcare and health education
- Provide behavioral health services-mental health and substance use (prevention, treatment and recovery)
- Promote self-advocacy and self-sufficiency
- Offer access to healthy, nutritional foods
- Promote and encourage active lifestyles
- Provide support and resources for individuals with disabilities and their caretakers
Environment: The natural beauty of Cape Cod is protected and preserved so that it may be enjoyed by many future generations.
- Preservation, conservation, and restoration of our natural resources, particularly water and wetlands
- Public education and outreach on environmental issues facing our region
- Offer educational experiences for school-aged children and youth
Community and Economic Development: A community where our economy is thriving and citizens are informed and actively engaged.
- Support workforce and career development and training
- Promote civic education and civic engagement
- Support and encourage entrepreneurship
Housing: A community where residents have permanent, safe, stable housing.
- Promote attainment and retention of safe, affordable housing
- Promote financial literacy and long-term self-sufficiency
- Address long-term, collaborative solutions to the housing crisis on Cape Cod
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Types of organizations that may apply:
- 501(c)(3) public charities OR organizations serving a charitable purpose that are applying with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Faith-based organizations; however, proposals will only be considered if:
- services benefit all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service
- Civic organizations (proposals must be project-based and of a charitable nature, and the organization must have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization)
- Public and private schools, for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that school)
- Other government agencies with project-based proposals (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that agency)
- The Cape Cod Foundation will generally not consider proposals to fund the following:
- Capital Campaigns
- Endowment Building
- Monuments and Memorials
- Capital Improvements
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Impact Strategic Focus Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.