Community Impact Strategic Focus Grants
The Cape Cod FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $5,000
Next deadline: Sep 10, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Nov 1, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Barnstable County, Massachusetts
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The focus of The Cape Cod Foundation’s Community Impact grantmaking program is broad. Grants may be made in the areas of health, human services, the environment, education, the arts, and community development. All projects must serve the residents of Barnstable County.
Strategic Focus Grants
Strategic Focus Grants address strategic initiatives and long-range organizational capacity building. These particular grants seek to utilize resources in the most efficient and effective way to develop or implement long-term solutions to address documented organizational and/or community challenges.
Strategic Focus Grants will support:
- Start-up of new programs
- Initial staff expansion for organizational growth (e.g. start-up staffing for a new program, etc.) with a clear plan for sustainability of position after funding ends
- Collaborative projects to address complex, regional needs (e.g. projects that engage multiple organizations, public policy initiatives, etc.)
- Expansion (e.g. geographic) or enhancement of existing programs with a proven track record of success; we are particularly interested in supporting plans or potential strategies to increase sustainability or self-sufficiency of existing programs (e.g. through diversification of revenue sources)
- Programs that have potential to be replicated or duplicated
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Types of organizations that may apply:
- 501(c)(3) public charities OR organizations serving a charitable purpose that are applying with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Faith-based organizations; however, proposals will only be considered if:
- services benefit all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service
- Civic organizations (proposals must be project-based and of a charitable nature, and the organization must have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization)
- Public and private schools, for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that school)
- Other government agencies with project-based proposals (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that agency)
- The Cape Cod Foundation will generally not consider proposals to fund the following:
- Capital Campaigns
- Endowment Building
- Monuments and Memorials
- Capital Improvements
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Impact Strategic Focus Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.