Thomas McGowan Fund for Animals
The Cape Cod FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Barnstable County, Dukes County, Nantucket County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Cape Cod Foundation is a community foundation whose mission is to build permanent charitable resources for community betterment through informed grantmaking and civic leadership.
The Thomas C. McGowan Fund
The Thomas C. McGowan Fund Fund for Animals was established through a gift from the late Thomas McGowan. Mr. McGowan had a passion for animals and wanted to ensure that funding would exist on Cape Cod and the Islands to support their welfare long after his death.
In establishing the fund, Mr. McGowan focused on animal protection and welfare with a preference for the following:
- medical treatment;
- “no-kill” shelters;
- spaying/neutering of domestic animals;
- prevention of cruelty to animals; and
- education and awareness building of the public on issues affecting animals and their welfare.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Who is eligible to apply for a grant:
- 501(c)(3) public charities OR organizations serving a charitable purpose that are applying with a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) public charity
- Faith-based organization; however, proposals will only be considered if:
- services benefit all, regardless of religion;
- service provided is not religious in nature; and
- there is no proselytizing associated with the service
- Civic organizations (proposals must be project-based and of a charitable nature, and the organization must have a fiscal sponsor that is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization)
- Public and private schools, for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that school)
- Other government agencies with project-based proposals (must have letter of support from the fiscal head of that agency)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Thomas McGowan Fund for Animals by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.