Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund Grant
The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital RegionSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Counties in New York: Albany County, Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Schenectady County Other eligible locations: Counties in New York: Columbia County, Fulton County, Greene County, Montgomery County, Schoharie County, Warren County, Washington County Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: In order to move resources quickly, we are not hosting a formal application process for the Fund. You may email us at [email protected] to make sure we are aware of your needs and can keep them in mind as the granting process progresses.
A coalition of philanthropy, government, and business partners has joined together to create a Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund that will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations at the frontlines of the coronavirus outbreak in the Greater Capital Region of New York.
About the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund
Co-led by the Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region and the United Way of the Greater Capital Region, The Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund has been established to provide flexible resources to 501c3 organizations working with local communities who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
One-time operating grants will help fund frontline human services organizations that have deep roots in the community and strong experience working with vulnerable populations. The first phase of rapid-response grants will help meet basic needs and help increase resiliency in affected communities. The Fund expects to move an initial round of grants within the next few weeks. Funding will be provided to organizations located and operating in Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties. The committee will also consider supporting nonprofits operating in the surrounding counties of Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington
The Community Foundation will administer grants from the Fund in partnership with United Way of the Greater Capital Region and in close collaboration with our partners. Together we will proactively identify potential grant recipients, solicit guidance on potential recipients from community advisors, and recommend final awards. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis, making it possible to move resources quickly and adapt to evolving needs in subsequent funding phases.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Funding will be provided to organizations located and operating in Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties.
- The committee will also consider supporting nonprofits operating in the surrounding counties of Columbia, Fulton, Greene, Montgomery, Schoharie, Warren, and Washington.
- Based upon the charitable structure of the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund, our grants are limited to 501c3 nonprofit organizations, groups fiscally sponsored by a 501c3 nonprofit organization, or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities.
- The Fund is not able to provide grants to individuals
- We are not able to fund businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501c4, 501c5, and 501c6 organizations.