CARES Foundation Grant
CARES FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jul 31, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Sacramento County, California
Location of residency: Preferred: Sacramento County, California Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The CARES Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides grants to organizations in the greater Sacramento area that serve the needs of people with HIV/AIDS, aid in the prevention of HIV/AIDS transmission or raise social awareness to end discrimination and stigma. The Foundation is committed to improving the health of the Sacramento region by supporting the work of organizations to prevent the spread of HIV and treat those living with HIV/AIDS.
While the Foundation values innovation, our focus for grant-making is on organizations that are stable and well-managed, and have a demonstrated ability to impact HIV. Equal consideration is given to grant requests that address either prevention or care. Unlike other chronic diseases, HIV is unique in the need to not only care for the patient, but to do everything possible to prevent transmission to others. Finding those infected with HIV means that testing also is a prime concern for the Foundation.
- HIV Prevention such as: needle exchange and disposal; condom distribution and/or PrEP
- Filling gaps in supportive services to keep people living with HIV/AIDS in care such as substance abuse treatment, transportation, patient navigation, case management and/or housing assistance
- HIV Testing with linkage to care
- Education and training about STD/HIV such as education to the community and/or medical providers
- Innovative projects that address the impact of HIV in the Sacramento region such as outreach to underserved population, youths, Latinos, African Americans and/or Transgender
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations eligible to receive funds from The CARES Foundation include organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Nonprofit agencies with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation; and
- Organizations located within and primarily serving residents of the greater Sacramento area, except for regional, statewide or national public policy efforts that may benefit a substantial portion of the local population; and
- Organizations operated and organized so that they do not discriminate in the hiring of staff or in the provision of services on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, age, blindness, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- The CARES Foundation will not provide grants or distributions to any foreign organization, political organizations or campaigns, or for any Sectarian purposes (i.e., programs that promote or require a religious doctrine.)
- The CARES Foundation will not provide goods, services or funds directly to individuals.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CARES Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.