Cargill Foundation: Headquarters - Childhood Nutrition
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Sep 10, 2018
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Chisago County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Isanti County, Le Sueur County, Mille Lacs County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Sherburne County, Sibley County, Washington County, Wright County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Minnesota: Anoka County, Carver County, Chisago County, Dakota County, Hennepin County, Isanti County, Le Sueur County, Mille Lacs County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Sherburne County, Sibley County, Washington County, Wright County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Cargill Foundation provides support to select nonprofit organizations in our headquarters community – primarily in Minneapolis and its northern and western suburbs.
The mission of The Cargill Foundation is to nourish and educate the next generation for success in school, work and life.
The Cargill Foundation supports nonprofit organizations that improve access to nutritious food, increase healthy food consumption and behaviors to enable students ages 2-12 to learn.
The Foundation is seeking programs that are scalable and replicable that focus on hands-on nutrition curriculum, parent engagement and improved access to low-cost nutritious foods.
Childhood Nutrition Organizations of Interest:
- Community organizations serving low income populations with a high proportion of youth ages 2-12.
- Food and nutrition programs/initiatives seeking to scale or replicate.
- Nonprofits with experience in developing childhood nutrition curriculum.
- Affiliation with Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Nonprofits that provide technical assistance, training, and other services to improve access to nutritious food, increase healthy food consumption and behaviors.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations Must:
- Be a registered nonprofit and have a current 501(c)(3) public charity status from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or be a school or a unit of government.
- Align with Cargill’s principles around inclusion and diversity as embodied in our Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Serve the geographic area in the Minneapolis and its Northern and Western Suburbs.
- Support programming and/or initiatives specific to Childhood Nutrition primarily serving low-income youth in grades K - 12.
- Organizations NOT Eligible: The Foundation will NOT support the following types of projects or programs:
- Organizations without 501c3 status or the equivalent in-country charitable status
- Capital campaigns/capital expenditures and endowment campaigns
- General and/or ongoing operational support
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Lobbying/political organizations for political purposes
- Sports events and athletic groups
- Disease related causes or research
- Individuals or individual needs
- Advertising, Publications, films or television production or programming
- Sporting events or athletic programs
- Sponsorship, fundraising, special events
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cargill Foundation: Headquarters - Childhood Nutrition by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.