Carnegie Corporation of New YorkSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000,000
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
American public education prepares all students with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions they need to be active participants in a robust democracy and to be successful in the global economy.
Read more about the Education Program.
- For improving systems of preparing, recruiting, and developing teachers and education leaders to serve the needs of diverse learners;
- promoting alignment in human capital policies and practices across the system;
- enhancing professional learning for teachers and leaders, including through technology; and
- developing and implementing high-quality instructional materials, resources, and tools for teachers and leaders
- For developing whole school models that provide more effective learning environments for diverse learners;
- stimulating the development of tools, technologies, and resources that enable school transformation;
- expanding capacity and removing policy constraints to enable new models; and
- building knowledge related to the design of the student experience
- For supporting research on strategies that can drive parent and family engagement in education;
- tools and resources to help parents understand and support the learning progress of their children;
- increasing productive dialogue among parents, students, and educators, and other stakeholders; and
- moving public discourse forward regarding important shifts in the educational landscape
- For improving alignment in student learning expectations between K-12 and postsecondary education;
- improving postsecondary education, including through co-requisite and other innovative models; and
- strengthening postsecondary STEM learning, particularly in mathematics
- For advancing integrated approaches across the Corporation’s portfolios and the field that enable greater collaboration, coherence, and dynamism;
- improving learning, including continuous improvement and knowledge generation, management, and dissemination; and
- stimulating innovative ideas and models that inform our work across the Education Program and increase our impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Corporation awards the majority of its grants to support public agencies, universities, and public charities that are tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code or their equivalent.
- Carnegie Corporation of New York rarely funds, or is prohibited from funding, the following:
- Endowments, buildings or fundraising drives, including fundraising dinners
- Political campaigns, to support political activities or to lobby for or against particular pieces of legislation
- Existing deficits
- Churches or other religious organizations
- Within the education program, the following are ineligible:
- project to support an individual
- funds for local work
- support for an after-school or pre-K program
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Education Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.