Carnegie Trust: Undergraduate Tuition Fee Grants
The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of ScotlandSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Deadline: Dec 2, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Undergraduate Tuition Fee Grants are aimed at students required to pay tuition fees themselves due to prior study or their residency status.
The majority of the students we support attended university or college in the past but withdrew before completing their studies. Often this was the result of ill health, financial problems, or personal circumstances. Sometimes they just felt that their chosen course of study was not the right one for them. We also help a number of students who are seeking asylum in the UK.
This scheme supports students enrolled on an undergraduate degree course at a Scottish Institute of Higher Education who are not eligible for government funding for their tuition fees.
Our grants cover the cost of tuition fees, up to £1820 per year for a full-time degree course.
Applicants making a request for funding to the Carnegie Trust need to demonstrate that their financial circumstances do not allow them to cover the cost of their tuition fees.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be considered for this grant you must:
- Reside in Scotland at the time of applying and have completed at least two full years of secondary education in Scotland, OR be able to demonstrate (to the Trustees satisfaction) a substantial connection to Scotland on the basis of residency, education or upbringing;
- Be entitled to remain indefinitely in the UK; OR
- if an immigrant with Limited Leave to Remain, hold a visa that is valid for the entire duration of the course; OR
- be an asylum seeker;
- Not be eligible for public funds (e.g. grants or loans) towards the cost of tuition fees, whether in Scotland, the UK or overseas;
- Live in a low income household;
- Not have already graduated with a university degree (see Course eligibility).
- Applicants eligible for a SAAS/Student Loans Company maintenance loan are expected to take full advantage of the loans available to them.
- If you are a part-time student in receipt of tuition fee support from SAAS and are not eligible for any other grants, bursaries or loans, you may apply if the amount awarded by SAAS is less than the total amount of fees payable.
- Exceptionally, applications from students who already have a university degree level qualification may be considered at the discretion of the Trust. If you have graduated before, please contact the Trust to check your eligibility.
- Eligible courses
- When you apply you must:
- Have an unconditional offer for a full-time, part-time or distance learning undergraduate degree course offered by one of the following institutions:
- universities: Aberdeen, Abertay, Dundee, Edinburgh, Edinburgh Napier, Glasgow, Glasgow Caledonian, Heriot-Watt, Highlands and Islands, Queen Margaret, Robert Gordon, St Andrews, Stirling, Strathclyde and West of Scotland;
- the Glasgow School of Art;
- the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland;
- Have an unconditional offer for a full-time, part-time or distance learning undergraduate degree course validated by one of these universities but delivered at a different institution located in Scotland (for example: Scotland’s Rural College or an FE College that delivers degree level courses).
- If you already have a university degree level qualification, you are not eligible to apply
- No support is available towards maintenance costs (such as rent, living expenses, travel etc.).
The following courses or study paths are not eligible for support:
- HNC and HND diploma courses
- Access courses
- Accelerated degree courses with a graduate entry
- Courses delivered by, or at, a university outside Scotland
- Courses at a Scottish Higher Education Institute delivered and validated by a university outside Scotland
- Open University courses
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses
- University courses below degree level, e.g. Diploma or Certificate courses
- Postgraduate degrees
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Carnegie Trust: Undergraduate Tuition Fee Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.