Community Foundation of Carroll County - Competitive Grants
Community Foundation of Carroll CountySuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,500 - US $20,000
Next anticipated deadline: Sep 20, 2020 1:30pm PDT (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 11, 2020 1:30pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Carroll County, Indiana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Health & Medical -- to include the support of health and medical related programs;
- Social Services-- to include the support of human service organizations, programs for children and youth and services to the aged;
- Education -- to include support for programs in pre-school, elementary and secondary education, post-secondary education, scholarships and for special education programs;
- Cultural Affairs -- to include the support of programs and facilities which are designed to establish a diversified county cultural program that offers widespread participation and appreciation;
- Civic Affairs -- to include support of programs related to criminal justice, community development, employment, citizen involvement, leadership training, and other general community activities;
- Community Beautification -- to include the support of projects that advocate, stimulate and support community vitality, beautification/environmental preservation and adornment.
In order to most effectively fulfill its philanthropic responsibilities in Carroll County within the limits of its resources, the Foundation's grants program will emphasize change-oriented and focused types of grants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We make grants to tax-exempt agencies classified as 501(c)(3) organizations, which are public charities as defined by the Internal Revenue Service.
- The Community Foundation will consider only grant requests that benefit residents of Carroll County.
- Not-for-profit organizations without a 501(c)(3) classification may seek funding with the support of a fiscal agent.
- Grants will be made only to organizations whose programs benefit the residents of Carroll County and preference will be given to those projects that have high visibility in the community.
- Grants will be made only to organizations which provide for a responsible fiscal agent and adequate accounting procedures, and preference will be given to those projects that generate revenue and/or that have plans that sustain the project;
- Grants may be made to previous grantees.
- In a competitive situation with grants of equal value, preference may be given to organizations that have not received a recent grant.
- In a competitive situation, quality of the application will be used in the selection between grants that are otherwise equal.
- The Carroll County Community Foundation typically does not award grants for:
- Normal operating expenses and/or salaries
- Solely to individuals but grants can be made for the benefit of certain individuals for such purposes as scholarships and special programs through educational institutions and other sponsoring recipient organizations
- Enabling individuals or groups of individuals to attend seminars or take trips except where there are special circumstances which will benefit the larger community
- Sectarian religious purposes but can be made to religious organizations for general community programs;
- Endowment purposes of recipient organizations
- Projects which have been proposed by individuals or organizations responsible to advisory bodies or persons unless letters of recommendation or approval from those advisory bodies or persons accompany the grant proposals
- New projects and/or equipment which were purchased prior to the grant application being approved.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation of Carroll County - Competitive Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.