Carteret Community Foundation and Pearl’s Pantry Grants
North Carolina Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $500 - US $2,500
Deadline: Aug 18, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Public Elementary / Secondary School Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Carteret County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Carteret County, North CarolinaView website Save
About this funder:
The Foundation is seeking proposals from Carteret nonprofit organizations in support of the following purposes:
Carteret County Unrestricted Endowment
This fund enables the Carteret Community Foundation to respond to changing community needs and to enhance the quality of community life within the county through annual grants to local nonprofit organizations.
J. O. and Ruth Barbour Memorial Fund for Elementary Education in Carteret County
J. O. and Ruth Barbour Memorial Fund for Elementary Education in Carteret County This fund supports reinforcement of Carteret County elementary school instruction in the basics, including reading, writing, arithmetic and penmanship; the acquisition of classroom equipment; compensation of elementary school teachers; and capital improvements to elementary school facilities (all for Carteret County public schools).
J. O. and Ruth Barbour Memorial Fund for Wildlife Habitat Conservation
This fund supports conservation projects in Carteret County that would contribute to the preservation, maintenance, or reestablishment of woodland and other natural areas that provide suitable and desirable habitats for wildlife, with particular emphasis on birdlife.
Pearl's Pantry Fund
This fund supports humanitarian needs of residents of Carteret County. Proposals for food, prescription medicines, clothing, housing, families in crisis or disaster relief will be reviewed (in that order).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- An organization must meet the following criteria in order to apply:
- Organizations must be qualified as tax-exempt public charities under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or be classified as a unit of local government (including public schools).
- An exception is made to include fire and rescue departments.
- If your organization operates as a 501 (c)(3) public charity via a fiscal agent, your application's supporting documentation must include a letter from the fiscal agent organization that verifies the relationship and includes when the relationship was established.
- Faith-based organizations may apply for funding to support social outreach and charitable service programs to benefit the community-at-large, but they may not apply for general operating support.
- Only those organizations that serve the counties within our affiliate network will be considered.
- If an organization serves multiple counties within our network, that organization may complete a separate application for each of those affiliates.
- Organizations must offer programs and services without discrimination on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, physical ability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
- Applications for specific programs and projects or for general operating support are accepted, unless otherwise specified.
- Grants are not awarded for:
- Annual fund or capital campaigns
- Political purposes or lobbying
- Activities that are restricted to members of a particular faith community or promote a specific religious doctrine
- Reimbursements (This program does not support reimbursement of costs incurred prior to the deadline for submission of your application. Your request may only include costs that will occur in the future, after the submission deadline of the application.)
- Re-granting by the applicant organization
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Carteret Community Foundation and Pearl’s Pantry Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.