Cascades Donations and Sponsorships
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: For-Profit Business Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Canada, France, Alabama, Arizona, Connecticut, Illinois, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Requests for sponsorship must be submitted at least eight weeks before the activities begin.
Cascades fulfills its role as a responsible citizen by supporting environmental and social causes. Since it was founded, the Corporation has encouraged the human and economic development of the communities in which it operates by investing major sums of money. Thus, year after year, Cascades has used donations and sponsorships to support different products and events that are related to its preferred sectors.
The concept of sustainable development for Cascades goes beyond its environmental actions. It also involves support to the communities surrounding it. Annually, millions of dollars are paid in the form of donations and sponsorships to hundreds of organizations in North America and Europe.
Cascades provides support in four sectors:
- sustainable development,
- education and entrepreneurship,
- amateur sports and physical activity, and
- the social community environment
Sustainable development and the need to respect the environment have always been key concerns for Cascades. A pioneer in this domain, Cascades is proud to support initiatives and organizations that promote sustainable development.
Education and Entrepreneurship
Cascades firmly believes that young people have a key role to play in the future economic growth of business and society, which is why it also supports post-secondary educational institutions and young, emerging companies.
Amateur Sports and Physical Activity
Cascades encourages daily physical activity by offering discounts on employee memberships at fitness centres and by providing amateur sports leagues (hockey, softball, soccer, etc.) with ongoing support.
Social Community Environment
Cascades believes that achieving a balanced lifestyle requires both healthy working conditions and a thriving community. It strives to provide these conditions in a variety of ways, in particular through major investments in the communities in which it operates.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Donations and sponsorships must fall under one of the company's four preferred sectors, namely:
- Sustainable development;
- Education and entrepreneurship;
- Amateur sport and physical activity in general;
- Socio-community setting.
- Target Clients: Each investment—in the form of a donation or sponsorship—must provide Cascades with a certain amount of visibility with at least one of its target clienteles:
- Consumers and potential consumers of Cascades products;
- Cascades employees and potential employees;
- Business people having a professional relationship with Cascades;
- Interest groups that share Cascades' values and philosophy;
- The media.
- The project or event must contribute to enhancing Cascades' good reputation, and to making its activities and products better known by the public. Visibility must be maximized using various communications tools, such as publicity and press relations.
- The applicant must demonstrate an interest in an environmental cause and propose a series of measures to use for furthering this cause.
- The project or event must have a positive, credible image and must have an excellent reputation. Moreover, the applicant must have good organizational skills.
- Cascades gives priority to projects and events that promote the use of its products and publicize its activities, innovations and environmental efforts. Thus, the company's contributions can be made in the form of goods and services.
- The broader the scope of the project or event (e.g.: national scope), the more consideration it will be given by Cascades.
- Cascades recognizes that all causes and all projects have valid reasons for being, and can be of interest to specific groups. For this reason, Cascades cannot support the following types of applications:
- Supports only one person (unless these people are specific athletes supported by Cascades);
- Not in line with Cascades' values;
- Involves ticket sales by Cascades employees;
- Originates in regions where Cascades does not work;
- Submitted less than two months before the event is to be held;
- Submitted as circular letters;
- Supports political or lobby groups;
- Supports professional sports teams.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cascades Donations and Sponsorships by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.