Environmental Enhancement Initiatives & Adult Education Advancement Initiatives
Catherine Donnelly Foundation
Grant amount: C $5,000 - C $40,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 8, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 2, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Catherine Donnelly Foundation's vision is to collaborate with others to create a world that respects and reverences creation; a world where all have a voice and can live with dignity to realize their full potential, a world that is open to transformation and one that seeks justice, peace and respect for all.
Committed to Gospel values, the Foundation strives to transform the lives of those most in need by proactively supporting creative initiatives in the areas of housing, adult education and the environment.
Area of Focus: Adult Education
The Foundation will consider applications from groups and organizations that use adult education processes to address the needs of new Canadians and marginalized or excluded populations. It will also consider applications from Catholic Religious Education programmes and other organizations dedicated to dialogue and interaction with other religious traditions for the understanding and integration of Christian faith and life in a spirit of ecumenism.
The Foundation will support groups, projects and initiatives that use adult education and participatory/community forms of research to:
- Enable the poor and marginalized to collectively address contemporary problems and issues of racism, poverty, violence, isolation and other forms of oppression and exclusion;
- Promote the active engagement of people in identifying solutions to their own problems;
- Develop social skills and knowledge of people to engage in community development and/or become more active citizens;
- Develop critical adult literacy skills;
- Promote Catholic Education programmes and organizations that support the Christian mission of peace, human rights, equity and social justice through interfaith dialogue and positive interactions among religious traditions and groups
Area of Focus: Environmental Enhancement
The Foundation will support groups, projects and initiatives that:
- Seek to shift public perceptions and values in support of strong climate action;
- Have broad impact, or which start regionally but are scalable or replicable;
- Use grassroots and engagement organizing to advance climate solutions;
- Advance collective and integrated approaches capable of catalyzing and engaging new voices;
- Apply creative & innovative communications and engagement strategies (i.e. the arts, storytelling, engaged and investigative journalism, simulation games, cultural activities etc.)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation seeks applicant organizations that:
- Are registered Canadian charities
- Can provide evidence that their operative values are consistent with those of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation
- Work in areas where the needs are greatest
- Work with persons not served or reached by traditional programs
- Are undertaking projects or programs that have promise as a model for imitation in other Canadian communities and will train others to set up similar programs
- Partner with other like valued organizations to achieve shared goals
- Environmental Enhancement Initiatives
- Priority will be given to broad integrated approaches linking disparate initiatives, enhancing public engagement, and integrating marginalized sectors of the population into climate change dialogues and movements.
- Of particular interest is a desire to engage with and support Indigenous-led climate justice movements.
- The Catherine Donnelly Foundation will not consider funding the following:
- Retroactive funding
- Fund raising campaigns
- Operating deficits
- Projects outside of Canada
- Emergency appeals
- Purely commercial recordings or film projects
- Adult Education Initiatives
- Please note that the Adult Education Advancement Initiatives area of focus of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation does not fund:
- Children and youth literacy/educational programs
- The Foundation also does NOT fund projects that solely focus on:
- Basic numeracy, reading and writing skills
- Group or individual counseling
- Job skills training or vocational training (including on the job learning)
- Environment Enhancement Initiatives:
- Please note that the Environment Enhancement Initiatives area of focus of the
- Catherine Donnelly Foundation does not currently fund:
- Travel to and/or attendance at conferences, competitions, symposia, or annual events (unless part of a broader project proposal)
- Event sponsorship (unless part of a broader project proposal)
- Bursaries, scholarships, and/or awards (unless part of a broader project proposal)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environmental Enhancement Initiatives & Adult Education Advancement Initiatives by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.