Environmental Enhancement Initiatives
Catherine Donnelly FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: C $5,000 - C $40,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 4, 2020 (Letter of inquiry)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Canada
Location of residency: CanadaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Catherine Donnelly Foundation's vision is to collaborate with others to create a world that respects and reverences creation; a world where all have a voice and can live with dignity to realize their full potential, a world that is open to transformation and one that seeks justice, peace and respect for all.
Committed to Gospel values, the Foundation strives to transform the lives of those most in need by proactively supporting creative initiatives in the areas of housing, adult education, and the environment.
Area of Focus: Environmental Enhancement Initiatives
The Foundation will consider applications that aim to catalyze a significant increase in public support for fast and deep-reaching climate change solutions. Priority will be given to broad integrated approaches linking disparate initiatives, enhancing public engagement, and integrating marginalized sectors of the population into climate change dialogues and movements. Of particular interest is a desire to engage with and support Indigenous-led climate justice movements.
Advancing Climate Change and Climate Justice Solutions
The Catherine Donnelly Foundation is intent on promoting climate justice and accelerating the transition to a post-carbon world. We are modeling this commitment through our own fossil fuel divestment actions and impact investing approach.
The Foundation will consider applications that aim to catalyze a significant increase in public support for fast and deep-reaching climate change solutions.
Priority will be given to broad integrated approaches linking disparate initiatives, enhancing public engagement, and integrating marginalized sectors of the population into climate change dialogues and movements. Of particular interest is a desire to engage with and support Indigenous-led climate justice movements.
The Foundation will support groups, projects and initiatives that:
- Seek to shift public perceptions and values in support of strong climate action;
- Have broad impact, or which start regionally but are scalable or replicable;
- Use grassroots and engagement organizing to advance climate solutions;
- Advance collective and integrated approaches capable of catalyzing and engaging new voices;
- Apply creative & innovative communications and engagement strategies (i.e. the arts, storytelling, engaged and investigative journalism, simulation games, cultural activities etc.).
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Foundation seeks applicant organizations that:
- Are registered Canadian charities
- Can provide evidence that their operative values are consistent with those of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation
- Work in areas where the needs are greatest
- Work with persons not served or reached by traditional programs
- Are undertaking projects or programs that have promise as a model for imitation in other Canadian communities and will train others to set up similar programs
- Partner with other like valued organizations to achieve shared goals
- The Catherine Donnelly Foundation will not consider funding the following:
- Retroactive funding
- Fund raising campaigns
- Operating deficits
- Projects outside of Canada
- Emergency appeals
- Purely commercial recordings or film projects
- Please note that the Environment Enhancement Initiatives area of focus of the Catherine Donnelly Foundation does not currently fund:
- Travel to and/or attendance at conferences, competitions, symposia, or annual events (unless part of a broader project proposal)
- Event sponsorship (unless part of a broader project proposal)
- Bursaries, scholarships, and/or awards (unless part of a broader project proposal)
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Environmental Enhancement Initiatives by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.