Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation Grant
Catherine Holmes Wilkins FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Mar 9, 2020
Later deadlines: Jun 26, 2020, Oct 11, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Biomedical, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Washington: King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
The Philanthropic Solutions group at Bank of America’s U.S. Trust delivers expertise and a comprehensive suite of investment and management services to help individuals and institutions build and sustain their charitable missions.With a dedicated team of charitable professionals to support you, Philanthropic Solutions is committed to providing national expertise, delivered locally.
The Foundation was created by the Will of Catherine Holmes Wilkins to provide charitable grants to qualified medical research and social service agencies in the Puget Sound region.
- Medical Research and Education:
- To medical and academic centers conducting research and training in areas such as cancer, heart disease, and mental illness.
- Physically Handicapped and Mentally Ill:
- To community nonprofit agencies providing direct social services to people with physical disabilities or mental illness who are primarily low-income or destitute.
- Services for the Needy:
- To community-based programs providing immediate support to the needy, with particular emphasis on services for abused women and children.
After receiving 3 consecutive grants from the foundation, applicants must skip 2 entire years before reapplying (e.g. if the last grant payment was received in Summer 2017, the grantee must skip the 2018 and 2019 cycles and is eligible to reapply in Summer 2020).
Average grant size ranges from $3,000 to $5,000.
Multi-year grants are awarded for 3-year terms. Multi-year funding requests will be considered if applicants meet the following criteria:
- Organizations which have never received a multi-year grant from the Wilkins Foundation are eligible to apply only if the organization has received at least 2 single-year grants from the Foundation within the past 5 years.
- Organizations which have received multi-year grants in the past from the Wilkins Foundation are welcome to submit a new multi-year grant request any time at least 2 years after the end of their last multi-year grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must have IRS tax exempt 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations must operate within or significantly affect the residents of the Greater Seattle region: Tacoma to Everett, Seattle, and the Eastside.
- Preference will be given to programs with clearly defined outcomes, although general operating requests will be considered.
- When funding capital campaigns, preference will be given to smaller campaigns where modest contributions may have an impact.
- It is advisable to contact our Grants Consultant to discuss your capital request before submitting.
- Applications will not be accepted from organizations with annual operating budgets over $1 million, with two exceptions:
- Organizations (of any budget size) applying for medical research funding are eligible to apply; and
- Organizations which have received 2 Wilkins grants within the last 5 years may reapply for support, despite their budget size.
- Grant applications will not be accepted from organizations which have been declined for funding twice in the previous 5 years.
- Grants will not be made for debt retirement or to meet operation deficit.
- Grants are not made to individuals or for scholarships.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.