Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation Grant
Catherine Holmes Wilkins Foundation
Next deadline: Oct 8, 2021
Later deadlines: Mar 8, 2022, Jun 25, 2022
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Fields of work: Mental Health & Psychiatric Diseases Human & Social Services Heart Disease Physical Disabilities Cancer/Oncology Child Welfare Services Poverty Alleviation & Services Domestic Violence Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project, Biomedical
Location of project: Counties in Washington: King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County
Location of residency: United States
NOTE: There are 3 grant cycles for the Wilkins Charitable Foundation. Proposals must be received by the due dates noted.
- The second Monday of March (spring cycle)
- The fourth Friday of June (summer cycle)
- The second Friday of October (fall cycle)
The Philanthropic Solutions group at Bank of America’s U.S. Trust delivers expertise and a comprehensive suite of investment and management services to help individuals and institutions build and sustain their charitable missions.With a dedicated team of charitable professionals to support you, Philanthropic Solutions is committed to providing national expertise, delivered locally.
The Foundation was created by the Will of Catherine Holmes Wilkins to provide charitable grants to qualified medical research and social service agencies in the Puget Sound region.
- Medical research:
- Medical and academic centers conducting research and training in areas of cancer, heart disease, and mental illness.
- Physically or mentally disabled:
- Community nonprofit organizations providing direct social services to people with physical or mental disabilities who are primarily low-income or destitute.
- Humanitarian services:
- Community-based programs providing immediate support to those in need with a particular emphasis on services for abused women and children.
After receiving three consecutive grants from the Wilkins Foundation, applicants may not reapply for two years (24 months). For example: if the last grant payment was received in Summer of 2018, the grantee must skip the 2019 and 2020 cycles and is eligible to reapply in Summer 2021.
Average grant size ranges from $2,000 to $5,000.
Multi-year grants are awarded for three-year terms. Multi-year funding requests will be considered if applicants meet the following criteria:
- Organizations that have never received a multi-year grant from the Wilkins Foundation are eligible to apply only if the organization has received at least two single-year grants from the Foundation within the past five years. If your organization has received two consecutive-year grants, you must wait at least one year before applying for a multi-year grant.
- Organizations that have received multi-year grants in the past from the Wilkins Foundation are welcome to submit a new multi-year grant request any time at least two years after the end of their last multi-year grant.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation was created in trust to provide charitable grants to qualified medical research and social service agencies in the Puget Sound region.
- Organizations must operate within or significantly affect the residents of the Greater Seattle region: Tacoma to Everett, Seattle, and the Eastside.
- Applicant organizations not related to medical research must have annual operating budgets of less than $1 million.
- Larger organizations that have received two Wilkins grants within the last five years may re-apply for support.
- Preference will be given to projects rather than ongoing operating expenses
- When funding capital campaigns, preference will be given to smaller campaigns where modest contributions may have an impact. It is advisable to contact our Grants Consultant to discuss your capital request before submitting.
- Grants are not considered for the following
- Organizations that have been declined for funding twice in the previous five years
- Individuals or for scholarships
- Debt retirement or to meet operation deficits
- Organizations with annual operating budgets over $1 million, with two exceptions:
- Organizations (of any budget size) applying for medical research funding are eligible to apply, and
- Organizations that have received two Wilkins grants within the last 5 years may reapply for support, despite their budget size
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”