Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation Grant
Catherine Holmes Wilkins Foundation
Grant amount: US $2,000 - US $5,000
Next deadline: Jun 22, 2018
Later deadlines: Oct 12, 2018, Mar 11, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Biomedical, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Washington: King County, Pierce County, Snohomish County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Philanthropic Solutions group at Bank of America’s U.S. Trust delivers expertise and a comprehensive suite of investment and management services to help individuals and institutions build and sustain their charitable missions.With a dedicated team of charitable professionals to support you, Philanthropic Solutions is committed to providing national expertise, delivered locally.
The Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation was created in trust to provide charitable grants to qualified medical research and social service agencies in the Puget Sound region.
- Medical Research – Grants will be made to medical and academic centers conducting research and training in areas of cancer, heart disease, and mental illness.
- Physically Handicapped and Mentally Ill – grants will be made to community nonprofit organizations providing direct social services to people with physical disabilities or mental illness who are primarily low-income or destitute.
- Humanitarian Services – Grants will be made for programs providing immediate support to those in need with a particular emphasis on services for abused women and children.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations must operate within or significantly affect the residents of the Greater Seattle region: Tacoma to Everett, Seattle, and the Eastside.
- If your organization has received three consecutive grants from the foundation, it must wait two years before re-applying.
- Applicant organizations not related to medical research must have annual operating budgets of less than $1 million.
- However, larger organizations which have received two Wilkins grants within the last five years may re-apply for support.
- The Wilkins foundation only accepts multi-year grants from organizations that have been awarded two individual grants within the previous five years.
- Preference will be given to projects rather than ongoing operating expenses
- When funding capital campaigns, preference will be given to smaller campaigns where modest contributions may have an impact.
- Grants will not be considered for the following:
- Individuals or for scholarships.
- Organizations which have been declined for funding twice in the previous five years.
- Debt retirement or to meet operation deficits.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Catherine Holmes Wilkins Charitable Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.