CCF: Naugatuck Health and Wellness Grants
Connecticut Community FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: New Haven County, Connecticut
Location of residency: New Haven County, ConnecticutView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Naugatuck Health and Wellness Grants
Funded by the Saunders Fund for the Sick and Infirm of Naugatuck, these grants support the mental and physical health needs of Naugatuck residents.
- Initiatives that improve population health, ensure access to quality care, and empower individuals to actively participate in managing their health.
- Efforts to expand and connect community resources to work toward a common vision of health that addresses the unique needs of Naugatuck. Promote collaboration from multiple sectors to improve conditions and outcomes related to health and well-being of the region.
- Support for community awareness and increased dissemination of evidence-based prevention and chronic disease management programs (may include diabetes, obesity, tobacco use, asthma, falls).
- Identification of barriers to implement effective prevention models and development of strategies to address these barriers.
Length of Funding
Grant support is available over multiple years, although it is considered one year at a time. If interested in pursuing multiyear funding, simply submit an initial request for one year. In the following year, you may request continued funding through the Foundation’s online grant application.
Connecticut Community Foundation seeks proposals that:
- Align with priority areas listed above
- Address documented community needs
- Summarize the organization’s track record in successfully implementing programs
- Adopt evidence-based programs and models, when appropriate
- Demonstrate potential for drawing additional or sustaining support
- Clearly explain the project plan and provide a realistic budget that aligns with stated goals
- Advance broader community plans and priorities, when applicable
- Describe local presence (even if an agency is based outside the Foundation’s service area, it may have a local office, staff or partnerships)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a not-for-profit organization recognized under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or a municipal entity seeking a grant for public purposes.
- Must have a board, representative of the community, of which a majority is neither employees nor relatives of employees.
- Located within and/or providing services to residents of our 21-town service area.
- Beacon Falls, Bethlehem, Bridgewater, Cheshire, Goshen, Litchfield, Middlebury, Morris, Naugatuck, New Milford, Oxford, Prospect, Roxbury, Southbury, Thomaston, Warren, Washington, Waterbury, Watertown, Wolcott, Woodbury
- Possess a Nonprofit Registration to Solicit Funds (or exemption, if appropriate) from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.
- This registration must be renewed annually.
- Ineligible for funding
- Requests for political or religious purposes
- Requests from municipalities or religious organizations for buildings or associated expenses (however, we may consider support for equipment if it is specifically part of an eligible programmatic request)
- Requests for capital expenditures on buildings not owned by a nonprofit
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CCF: Naugatuck Health and Wellness Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.