CDPHE EMS and Trauma Funding: Systems Improvement & Provider Grants
Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $173,220
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2020 4:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Capital Project, Conference
Location of project: Colorado
Location of residency: ColoradoView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Funding Program Overview
For state fiscal year 2020, approximately $7 million in funding is available for improving and expanding Colorado’s emergency medical and trauma services system. Funds are available on a reimbursement basis to organizations that have the provision of EMS and trauma services as their primary purpose. This generally includes ambulance services, first response agencies, acute care medical facilities, fire agencies, rescue groups, communications centers, training centers and other public or private providers of emergency medical and trauma services in Colorado.
System improvement funding: These requests are for projects that affect the state regionally or as a whole. Categories include regional medical direction, system improvement, technical assistance, conference/forum support and Regional Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Advisory Council (RETAC) operations. Apply at www.cemsis.com. There are no match requirements for system improvement funding. Applications will be evaluated by the Public Policy and Finance Committee of the State Emergency Medical and Trauma Services Advisory Council. Public notice of awards will occur by June 30, and purchase orders or contracts for awards will be issued after July 1, 2019. Up to 10 percent of the total grant funds available can be awarded as system improvement funding, which could be anywhere between $0 and approximately $700,000. Within the system improvement funding allocation, $363,000 will be set aside for RETACs to apply for regional medical direction projects, leaving approximately $337,000 for other system improvement awards. More information available in the RFP.
Provider grants: Application categories include ambulances and other EMS vehicles, communications, data collection, EMS and trauma equipment, injury prevention, personnel and services, recruitment and retention, and other. Apply at www.cemsis.com. A standard 50 percent match is required but there is a financial waiver process for organizations that cannot meet the match. Financial waiver applications will be reviewed on March 1, 2019. Regional hearings will take place in March and April, and state hearings will be held May 9-10, 2019. Public notice of awards will occur by June 30, and purchase orders or contracts for awards will be issued after July 1, 2019. Awards for ambulances and certain other equipment are limited to maximum amounts specified in this guidance. In addition, about $295,000 may be set aside this year to increase RETAC base funding leaving approximately $6.3 million for other provider grant awards. More information available in the RFP.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Systems Improvement Grants: There are no match requirements for system improvement funding requests; however, matching funds are allowable up to 90% of the project cost.
- Provider Grants: A 50% cash match is required.
- EMTS Grant programs may not be used to fund any of the following:
- land acquisition or the purchase, construction, renovation, maintenance or improvements to buildings and grounds
- aircraft (includes unmanned aerial vehicles), fire apparatus, hazardous materials response vehicles,
- law enforcement vehicles, or vehicles used primarily for supervisory or administrative purposes
- fire suppression equipment
- disposable supplies (with per unit cost less than $100)
- wage or salary costs for personnel while attending training or other educational offerings
- uniforms and clothing (i.e. sweats, t-shirts, firefighting bunker gear)
- promotional items (give-a-ways, pens, coffee cups, etc.) personal care services, personal travel or recreation (i.e. gift cards, ski passes, spa visits)
- catering costs, alcoholic beverages or entertainment expenses
- extended warranties or service contracts
- any costs related to the writing of the grant
- political expenses
- any purchases made prior to the issuance of a fully executed contract or purchase order
- any purchases made after a contract or purchase order expiration date
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CDPHE EMS and Trauma Funding: Systems Improvement & Provider Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.