Celebrate Urban Birds Mini-Grants
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Grant amount: US $100 - US $750
Anticipated deadline: Dec 31, 2018
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
We invite organizations, educators, and youth to apply for mini-grants to help fund creative neighborhood events.We hope these community events, or series of activities, will be creative and inspire others to organize similar projects. They do not need to be complicated. All mini-grant applicants are offered free materials and training to support their events (even if their proposals are not funded).
Celebrate Urban Birds event is a neighborhood events featuring activities involving birds, community service, art, greening, and science. Celebrate Urban Birds mini-grants could be used to support a bird-activity day after school; at a local museum, library, or community center; or fund art and gardening activities at your club, business, school, senior center, or neighborhood. We want to see what new ideas inspire you! Connecting the arts, music, dance, and gardening with birds and science leads people into deeper observation of nature, helps them enjoy the magic inherent in birds, and reduces stress. Connecting with nature in YOUR city is good for birds AND good for your neighborhood!
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations, educators, and youth can apply for mini-grants
- No experience with birding needed.
- The arts, greening, learning about birds, and citizen science must be part of the event/project.
- The event/project must take place in an underserved community.
- Data collection for Celebrate Urban Birds project must b part of the event!
- Events/projects must take place in the neighborhood, school, community center, etc... We want participants to learn about the birds/wildlife that exists in their neighborhood.
- Organizations working with underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- We don't usually fund field trips.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Celebrate Urban Birds Mini-Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.