Central Montana Foundation: Grant Requests Under $5,000
Central Montana Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next deadline: Aug 10, 2018
Later deadlines: Sep 10, 2018, Oct 10, 2018, Nov 10, 2018, Dec 10, 2018, Jan 10, 2019, Feb 10, 2019, Mar 10, 2019, Apr 10, 2019, May 10, 2019, Jun 10, 2019, Jul 10, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Montana: Fergus County, Garfield County, Judith Basin County, Petroleum County
Location of residency: Counties in Montana: Fergus County, Garfield County, Judith Basin County, Petroleum CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Central Montana Foundation Board of Directors meets on the fourth Tuesday of the month to consider minor grant requests under $5,000. Minor grants are due the 10th of the month to be considered in the month the application is received.
Central Montana Foundation is the oldest community foundation in Montana! Organized by a group of visionary businessmen in 1984, the Foundation offers area residents a chance to give back to the Central Montana community of which they have been a part.
These grants to healthcare, essential services, education, cultural and civic projects served to improve life for the very young to the very old in Central Montana!
- essential services
- cultural and civic projects
To receive and accept property exclusively for educational, cultural, charitable or benevolent purposes for the benefit, health and improvement of residents of the Central Montana area is such a way that the quality of life in Central Montana shall be enhanced, working alone and with any and all other persons and organizations doing similar work.
By working through the Foundation, worthy projects are able to provide donors with a tax deductible avenue for donations.
Endowments and pass-through funds provide support exclusively to projects within the Central Montana area. The communities supported by the Foundation include Lewistown, Grass Range, Denton, Hobson, Judith Basin (Hobson and Stanford), Judith Gap, Moore, Roy, Winifred, Petroleum County (Winnett), Wheatland County (Harlowton), and Garfield County (Jordan).
The Central Montana Foundation continues to live up to the vision of its founding members by following the Declaration of Trust implemented at the time of its inception: “To receive and accept property exclusively for educational, cultural, charitable or benevolent purposes for the benefit and improvement of residents of the Central Montana area in such a way that the quality of life in the area shall be enhanced".
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only non-profit or or tax-exempt organizations in Fergus, Garfield, Judith Basin and Petroleum Counties are eligible for Central Montana Foundation grants.
- Projects that will benefit educational, medical, essential services, civic and cultural projects are eligible.
- Priority is given to projects that will benefit the most Central Montanans.
- CMF does NOT grant funds to individuals, political or religious organizations, or to organizations whose primary purpose it to influence legislation, to participate in or intervene in any political campaigns on behalf of any, or against any, candidate for office.
- Requests that are discriminatory, illegal or harmful, or which pose an unacceptable conflict of interest to the community are not eligible for CMF funding or grants.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Central Montana Foundation: Grant Requests Under $5,000 by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.