Centre Gives Program
Centre County Foundation Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 16, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Centre County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: Centre County, PennsylvaniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Centre Gives is a 36-hour online giving event designed to highlight and support the great work of local non-profits serving the Centre County community. Centre Gives is a discretionary granting program of Centre Foundation, providing grants to local charitable organizations in the form of pro-rated stretch pool funds and prizes. Participating charitable organizations are defined as organizations which have applied to and upon approval, been invited to participate by Centre Foundation. A donor is defined as an individual or corporation/business. Donors are encouraged to make gifts to multiple organizations.
In the program’s first five years, the community and Centre Foundation have invested a combined total of over $4,000,000 back into our community! This investment has benefited over 130 local organizations with missions across all interest areas:
- health and social services,
- animals, and
- the environment.
Our goal is to shine a community-wide spotlight on the good work that our non-profits do in our community and help them learn online fundraising and communications strategies to support their long-term success.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To participate in Centre Gives, an organization must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Organizations must maintain their 501(c)(3) status throughout the event and following grant distribution period, and must alert Centre Foundation to any changes in their status as soon as possible.
- Be a local organization whose primary purpose is to serve the local area.
- Apply to, and upon approval, receive an invitation to participate by, Centre Foundation.
- Agree to use all money raised during Centre Gives – donations, stretch pool funds, and prize money – to benefit Centre County through programs which comply with Centre Foundation’s non-discrimination policy.
- Agree to abide by all guidelines, rules, and eligibility requirements.
- Fill out registration information on Centre Gives website.
- The following organizations are not eligible for Centre Gives:
- Government or educational entities with taxing authority, or divisions primarily funded by those entities with tax authority.
- Organizations designated by the IRS as private non-operating foundations.
- Charitable organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Centre Gives Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.