Cancel Cancer Grant
Community Foundation of BrowardSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $100,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 11, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Research, Project / Program
Location of project: Broward County, Florida
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Broward has the 2nd highest rate of new cancer diagnosis in Florida, and Florida has the 2nd highest rate in the nation (135,000 people), behind California. With one in four of our neighbors diagnosed with cancer each year, cancer is a disease that is a concern for all. It is the second most common cause of death in the US, exceeded only by heart disease, and accounts for nearly 1 of every 4 deaths. (Source: American Cancer Society Cancer Fact & Figures Report 2018).
To advance local breakthrough cancer research and life-saving clinical trials that are accessible to all residents.
Why It Matters
Too many Broward residents are being diagnosed with and dying from cancer and groundbreaking clinical trials are needed to help save lives. In 2018, about 1.7 million new cancer cases are expected to be diagnosed in the US with 135,000 in Florida and 30,000 new cases in Broward. And 609,640 Americans are expected to die of cancer, which is about 1,620 people per day. Florida will account for 45,000 of those deaths. The highest incidence rates are in breast (1,294), lung (1,160), prostate (1,135) and colorectal (847) cancers. Five in every 10 of these patients experience psychological distress and financial burden. Treatments are in accessible and research is limited for their involvement in life saving clinical trials..
What We're Looking For
Projects we will support must demonstrate impact as follows:
- To support cancer research and clinical trials for Broward patients with a preference for Phase III clinical trials for those suffering from the deadliest and most prevalent cancers. (Phase III Research compares the use of new treatment with the current standard cancer treatment through clinical trials engaging a wide range of participants to ensure the result is valid. Phase III research holds the most promise to impact the lives of Broward’s cancer patients.)
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The eligibility criteria:
- Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status that serve Broward County
- City or County Agencies with projects that demonstrate charitable intent in Broward County
- Previous or current grantee organizations must be in good grant standing and have submitted all required reports and documentation for all prior grants from the Foundation.
- A current grantee must be in compliance with the terms of those awards to be considered and eligible to apply.
- Individuals and not eligible to apply.
- The Foundation will not provide support to organizations which, in their constitution or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of: age, political affiliation, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious belief, ethnicity, or national origin.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cancel Cancer Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.