CFBC Community Grants
Community Foundation of Burke County
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Jul 24, 2018 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Burke County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Founded in 2000, the Community Foundation of Burke County (CFBC) is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that receives gifts, endowments and bequests from individuals, families, businesses and organizations. The Foundation uses distributions from these funds to make grants to qualified charitable agencies and institutions primarily serving the residents of Burke County, North Carolina.
The mission of CFBC is to encourage, develop and participate in philanthropy by providing flexible giving opportunities, professional support and responsible stewardship for the benefit of donors and qualified recipients.
Community Grants allow CFBC to make grants to tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations that have programs benefiting the residents of Burke County.
CFBC encourages proposals that:
- demonstrate collaboration and cooperation
- do not duplicate services
- are relevant to overall community needs and available resources
- enhance or improve organizations, which serve clients whose needs are not being met by existing services and which encourage client independence, self sufficiency and responsibility
- emphasize prevention and early intervention
Limited Grants will be available for the following areas:
- Bill and Hazel Bailey Abernathy Endowment Fund ($822) – Burke County: charitable organizations located east of Valdese
- Camp Lake James Fund ($9,488) – outdoor educational projects; environmental and historical conservation and research projects; civic projects; scholarship program
- Patton/Cornwell Fund ($5,014) – educational opportunities for economically disadvantaged people including assistance to at risk pre-school children
- Emanuel A. and Romilda P. Richard Fund ($2,139) – projects that improve the quality of life in Burke County, North Carolina particularly in the municipality of Valdese, North Carolina
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- CFBC is inclined to give favorable consideration to proposals that:
- are pilot programs that can clearly be used as a model for others even though they may require funding over a period of up to three years;
- have reasonable prospects for achieving financial stability and have developed a reasonable plan to achieve that stability
- strengthens the community and provides opportunities for greater cultural awareness
- Community Grants will not normally be used for:
- organizations whose primary function is to allocate funds to other charitable organizations or projects
- additional funding for the same project
- routine operating support for ongoing programs
- Community Grants will not be used for:
- programs outside of Burke County unless directly benefiting Burke County
- individual and school system specific projects, unless the project meets criteria listed below for Limited Grants or collaborates with another nonprofit
- annual fund campaigns or capital campaigns
- religious or political purposes
- individuals (including scholarships)
- organizations which have not been determined to be tax exempt as described in Section 509(a)(1) and 170B (1)(a) of the Internal Revenue Code
- augmenting endowments
- underwriting for fund raising events
- underwriting for single performances
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFBC Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.