Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga Grants
Community Foundation of Greater ChattanoogaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Aug 2, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Hamilton County, Tennessee
Location of residency: Hamilton County, TennesseeView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
NOTE: Application Process:
- Potential applicants call or email Foundation staff with an idea
- Potential applicants complete an internal self-assessment and then meet with Foundation staff to discuss their organization and funding needs
- Applicants are invited to complete an application through the online grants management system by the deadline above.
Investing in Caring and Inclusive Communities
The Foundation seeks to build capacity among organizations that meet the basic needs of our most vulnerable, with funding priority given to projects generating broad community solutions, and top priority placed on strategies addressing the root causes of poverty. These root causes are numerous, but could include a lack of access to any of the following:
- Affordable housing
- Living wage jobs
- Quality public education
- Affordable healthcare
- Community engagement
Building Organizational Capacity
The Foundation is dedicated to supporting grant requests that build capacity and bring organizations to the next level of operational, programmatic and financial effectiveness in a way that strengthens the organization’s ability to fulfill its mission over time. We believe this level of investment in our community partners is critical to building a strong and sustainable infrastructure to address the community’s greatest challenges.
We’ve worked to create a simple and streamlined grant process.
The Foundation accepts unsolicited proposals once per year for either capacity building or multi-year needs. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to building a community where all our neighbors have access to the resources and opportunities they need to reach their fullest potential. This commitment should be evident within internal structures, goals and approaches.
Capacity Building Grants
- Limited funding for one-time project needs
- Requested amount determined through consultation with program staff
- Annual funding opportunity
- Applicants must demonstrate how funding will enhance their capacity to meet their mission and address the foundation’s priority areas
- Up to three (3) years of unrestricted funding
- Highly competitive
- Applicants must submit current strategic plan and audit
- Grantees will be asked to reflect on how their organization’s mission-related activities have advanced the Foundation’s priority areas during the grant period and report on the results achieved within the grant period as outlined in the organization’s strategic plan
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Examples of grant seeker characteristics sought to secure funding
- Clear organizational vision with corresponding goals, strategies and a written plan designed to measure progress towards goals
- Necessary leadership, staff skills, and experience for successful plan execution
- Capacity to measure organizational and program success and to apply learning for continuous improvement
- Organizational decision-making strategy that engages those being served
- Solid financial practices related to budgeting, forecasting and reporting to the board and a financial plan to support the organization’s strategic plan goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of national trends in the field and use of best practices
- An elected, engaged Board of Directors representing the diversity and demographics of the community served, including individuals with varied skill sets and the committee structure necessary to succeed
- Collaborative relationships that enhance the organization’s ability to serve the community
- A broad base of community and financial support demonstrating organizational sustainability
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.