CFGNH: Nonprofit Animal Shelter Grants
Community Foundation for Greater New HavenSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $7,500
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, New Haven County
Location of residency: Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, New Haven CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Nonprofit Animal Shelter Grants
Funding for this grant process is made possible through The Lillian and Henry A. Konopacke Fund. The Fund was created in 2013 at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven by bequest of New Haven native and North Haven resident Henry Konopacke, who worked as a machinist at the Winchester Repeating Arms Factory.
The Fund’s intent is to assist nonprofit animal shelters in the Greater New Haven area in performing the services for which they have been established.
Available Grant Types
- Grants for new or existing projects
- Grants for short-term financial capacity building assistance to strengthen the infrastructure of an organization for long term success.
- Examples include board development, strategic planning, evaluation and capital expenditures in equipment, technology, building renovations or relocation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any nonprofit animal shelter serving the Greater New Haven area is eligible to apply for up to $7,500 in funding through The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven’s Lillian and Henry A. Konopacke Fund.
- You must be defined as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) or any applicable statute of the Internal Revenue code.
- You must be a tax-exempt organization
- All applicants must be defined as tax-exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) or any applicable statute of the Internal Revenue code.
- While grants are occasionally made to governmental agencies, local nonprofits receive priority.
- Requests will be considered from groups that do not have tax-exemption status, provided that they have a fiscal agent with the appropriate tax status.
- In projects involving a partnership of agencies, a single agency with the appropriate tax status and financial management capacity must assume the role of lead organization.
- You must provide services within our 20 town area:
- Ansonia, Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, Derby, East Haven, North Branford, North Haven, West Haven, Oxford, New Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Milford, Seymour, Shelton, Wallingford, Orange, Woodbridge
- You must adhere to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of:
- national origin
- sexual preference
- in all aspects of organizational operations including hiring, leadership and service provision.
- Individuals are not eligible for grants
- Projects that do not generally receive consideration
- religious activities
- endowment campaigns
- previously incurred debts
- funding deficits
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFGNH: Nonprofit Animal Shelter Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.