Quinnipiac River Fund Grants
Community Foundation for Greater New HavenSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 18, 2020 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Hartford County, New Haven County
Location of residency: Preferred: Connecticut Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Quinnipiac River Fund improves the health of the Quinnipiac River by funding projects that provide research, conservation and advocacy for the river and its surrounding watersheds.
Contamination of the Quinnipiac River was once so great that it prompted the first pollution control measure in Connecticut and the eventual creation of the first sewage treatment plant in the State. It was also the subject of a lawsuit against the Upjohn Company concerning wastewater discharges from Upjohn's plant in North Haven. The lawsuit resulted in a settlement in 1990 that created the Quinnipiac River Fund at The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven, making the River the first in the state of Connecticut to have an endowment at a community foundation that generates income to protect it and its surrounding environment.
The Committee considers grant proposals that address one or more of the following:
- Research what pollutants are in the Quinnipiac River
- Research methods of reducing pollution, or otherwise improving the Quinnipiac River's environmental health
- Address means of reducing both non-point and point sources of pollution to the River
- Researching the permitting process, researching particular permits, and making recommendations as to findings
- Study the ecology of the Quinnipiac River and the New Haven Harbor
- Provide public education about the Quinnipiac River and its watershed
- Purchase land on the Quinnipiac River for conservation purposes, or to reduce pollution and improve public access to the River.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- You must be defined as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) or any applicable statute of the Internal Revenue code.
- Requests will be considered from groups that do not have tax-exemption status, provided that they have a fiscal agent with the appropriate tax status.
- In projects involving a partnership of agencies, a single agency with the appropriate tax status and financial management capacity must assume the role of lead organization.
- You must adhere to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of:
- national origin
- sexual preference
- in all aspects of organizational operations including hiring, leadership and service provision.
- While grants are occasionally made to governmental agencies, local nonprofits receive priority.
- Projects that do not generally receive consideration:
- religious activities
- endowment campaigns
- previously incurred debts
- funding deficits
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Quinnipiac River Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.