CFGNH: Responsive Grants
Community Foundation for Greater New HavenSuggest an update
Grant amount: More than US $7,500
Anticipated deadline: Mar 28, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, Litchfield County, New Haven County
Location of residency: Preferred: Counties in Connecticut: Fairfield County, Litchfield County, New Haven County Other eligible locations: ConnecticutView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Community Foundation is one of the oldest and largest community foundations in the United States and remains the largest grantmaker in a twenty-town region located in the heart of central Connecticut. The Community Foundation is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)3 organization, and as such is exempt from federal income tax; donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Responsive grants are awarded through a joint application process that occurs online. The three types of Responsive grants include the following:
General Operating Support:
General Operating Support is defined as a grant made to further the general mission and work of an organization, rather than for a specific purpose or project. General Operating Support gives nonprofits flexibility to direct their spending where it is needed most and allows greater focus on achieving an organization’s mission.
Project Support is defined as a grant made for a specific new or existing project.
Capacity Building Support:
Capacity Building Support is defined as a grant for short term financial assistance to build the infrastructure of an organization for long term success. Requests for capacity building include but are not limited to board development, strategic planning, evaluation and capital expenditures including equipment, building renovations or relocation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Responsive grants process is open to all requests for organizational support and projects that serve our twenty-town region
- You must be defined as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) or any applicable statute of the Internal Revenue code.
- Requests will be considered from groups that do not have tax-exemption status, provided that they have a fiscal agent with the appropriate tax status.
- You must adhere to a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of:
- national origin
- sexual preference
- in all aspects of organizational operations including hiring, leadership and service provision.
- General Operating Support:
- Only organizations that have been incorporated for at least five years AND have received a Responsive grant from either The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or the Valley Community Foundation are eligible to apply for a General Operating Support grant.
- Project Support:
- Project Support applications are available to organizations that are new to either The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or the Valley Community Foundation and those organizations that have received a Responsive grant in the past.
- Capacity Building Support
- Only organizations that have been incorporated for at least five years AND have received a Responsive grant from either The Community Foundation for Greater New Haven or the Valley Community Foundation are eligible to apply for a Capacity Building Support grant.
- Nonprofits demonstrating strong management and a good track record of accomplishments will be given priority consideration to receive a Responsive grant.
- While grants are occasionally made to governmental agencies, local nonprofits receive priority.
- Projects that do not generally receive consideration:
- religious activities
- endowment campaigns
- previously incurred debts
- funding deficits
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFGNH: Responsive Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.