CFNV: Healthy Kids Grants
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
Grant amount: Up to US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jun 30, 2019
Applicant type: Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fairfax city, Falls Church city, Loudoun County, Manassas Park city, Manassas city, Prince William County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Virginia: Alexandria city, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Fairfax city, Falls Church city, Loudoun County, Manassas Park city, Manassas city, Prince William County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Each year, the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia provides a grant opportunity to help public schools encourage healthy lifestyles through increased exercise and better nutrition.
Grants up to $2,000 each are available to individual public schools in Northern Virginia that implement a program or strategy to encourage better nutrition or more activity among their student body during the school year. The grants are awarded in a competitive grant process.
Examples of school based initiatives the grants could help support include, but are not limited to:
- Starting an after school activity club that promotes physical fitness.
- Starting a walking club for students and teachers.
- Developing a school health advisory council comprised of students, parents, teachers, administrators, other school staff and community representatives.
- Developing and sharing calorie counts and nutritional information for all school breakfasts and lunches so students can make healthy choices.
- Healthy Cooking Classes
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Public elementary, middle and high schools located in Northern Virginia are all eligible to apply.
- Schools are limited to one application each year.
- Multiple applications will not be considered.
- Applications that are incomplete or late will not be considered.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFNV: Healthy Kids Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.