CFSCNY Community Fund Grant
The Community Foundation for South Central New York
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $15,000
Next deadline: Aug 24, 2018 (Letter of inquiry)
Later deadlines: Sep 7, 2018 1:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Feb 20, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Mar 6, 2019 1:00pm PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in New York: Broome County, Chenango County, Delaware County, Otsego County, Tioga County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
CFSCNY Community Fund Grant
Grants from The Community Fund are awarded in each of two competitive grant cycles per year. An organization may submit only one proposal to the Community Fund during a calendar year.
Types of Support Available:
The areas of support for which qualified organizations may apply are listed below. The minimum award will be $5,000 and the maximum award will remain $15,000. A total of $100,000 will be available under this option for the Spring Cycle. If your request is for $5,000 or under, please utilize the Small Grants Program.
Programs that address a specific, demonstrated community need.
Proposals for property purchase, equipment purchase, facilities improvement, and capital campaigns. A minimum of 2 estimates must accompany a capital request.
Proposals that are requesting short-term support to increase long-term sustainability.
Proposals that build organizational capacity and do not qualify for NYCON’s (New York Council on Non-Profits) mini-grant program.
Economic and Community Development
Proposals that strengthen the community by strengthening the local economy. We will also consider proposals that encourage local ownership and development of local resources.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To support the need for their project, applicants are strongly encouraged to utilize and
specifically reference information in the foundation’s regional need assessment.
- Who May Qualify?
- Any 501(c)(3) where a grant will benefit significantly (but not necessarily exclusively) residents of the Foundation’s service area: Broome, Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties.
- Certain local government agencies, municipalities and public school systems within the Foundation’s service area.
- Organizations requiring a 501(c)(3) as a fiscal sponsor may be eligible to apply.
- Organizations may not resubmit a proposal for a project previously funded or declined by the Community Foundation unless given permission to do so by Program Officer.
- We Do Not Consider Requests For:
- Funding to reimburse an organization for costs that were incurred prior to the date the grant was awarded.
- Funding to pay existing mortgages
- Grants to individuals
- Funding for religious purposes
- Funding to organizations that have so many counterparts (e.g. scout troops, ambulance squads, volunteer or municipal fire departments, individual schools within a school district, individual school classrooms, PTAs) that it would be difficult to assess the relative merits of similar proposals.
- Arts organizations will not be considered through the Community Fund and will have their own stand-alone funding opportunity in 2018.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSCNY Community Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.