CFSCNY Women's Fund
The Community Foundation for South Central New YorkSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $8,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 25, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: Jun 11, 2019 (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in New York: Broome County, Chenango County, Delaware County, Otsego County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
CFSCNY Women's Fund
The Women’s Fund will award a total of up to $26,000 in 2018.
Grant requests for a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $8,000 will be considered. Please note that the Women’s Fund may award less than the amount requested and reserves the right to make no award if in its view no proposals are received that convincingly align with the Fund’s grant priorities
Our Funding Priorities
Funding is available for projects or programs that use innovative and/or collaborative approaches to create positive change and that demonstrate the potential to improve the well-being of women and/or girls throughout their lives.
Proposals must address one or more of the following areas:
- Promoting economic self-sufficiency
- Supporting healthy decision-making and taking control of one’s life; improving self-esteem
- Strengthening social support
- Leadership development
- Personal Safety
- Serving women and girls in crisis situations
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Does My Organization Qualify?
- The Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation will consider requests from any 501(c)(3) for a program or project that will primarily but not exclusively benefit residents of the Foundation’s service area (Broome,
- Chenango, Delaware, Otsego and/or Tioga counties.)
- It will also consider requests from certain local government agencies, municipalities and public school systems within its service area, provided that the proposed project fits the Fund’s criteria for consideration.
- The determination as to whether a proposed project, or agency, fits the Women’s Fund’s criteria for consideration is made by the Community Foundation for South Central New York.
- Organizations cannot resubmit a proposal for a project or program that was previously declined by the Women’s Fund unless invited to do so.
- We Do Not Consider Requests For:
- Operating or program deficits
- Funding to pay existing mortgages
- Funding to reimburse an organization for costs that were incurred prior to the date the grant is to be awarded.
- Funding to churches or organizations for religious purposes
- Funding to organizations that have so many counterparts (e.g. scout troops, ambulance squads, volunteer or municipal fire departments, individual schools within a school district, PTAs) that it would be difficult to assess the relative merits of similar proposals.
- Grants to individuals
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSCNY Women's Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.