Community Foundation Serving the Heart of Western Pennsylvania
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $100,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Armstrong County, Pennsylvania
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
At the Community Foundation, our mission is to enhance the quality of life of the people of mid-Western PA by giving grants & scholarships, building a permanent endowment for our community, promoting philanthropy & volunteerism and providing leadership & building partnerships.
In keeping with its mission, the Community Foundation invests in organizations and programs that benefit our residents and that build vibrant and healthy communities. Reflecting the special responsibility of a community foundation, the Foundation is open to a wide range of requests that strengthen our communities and provide opportunities for our residents. The Community Foundation challenges creative partners in our community to suggest the best way to address problems that result in long-term solutions.
The Community Foundation makes grants in the following areas:
Arts & Culture
Includes the enjoyment and understanding of visual, literary, performing and other art forms. These program areas might enhance:
- Access to and awareness of the arts
- Capacity and stabilization of arts and culture organizations
- Creative and educational experiences of children and adults
- Increased appreciation of the arts
Community engagement, community capacity building and economic development, job training, volunteering, public safety, community quality of life, and historic preservation. These program areas might enhance:
- Workforce development
- Neighborhood quality of life
- Strong communities
- Citizen awareness, participation and volunteerism
- Economic well-being
Formally constituted educational institutions and organizations or activities that administer or support those institutions; libraries; organizations whose primary purpose is to provide opportunities for supplementing and continuing education and related services to students and schools outside the framework of formal education institutions. Includes the continuum of learning: early childhood, preschool, primary and secondary grades, higher education, vocational education, and continuing and adult education as well as parent training, library services, and adult literacy. These program areas might enhance:
- Educational attainment of children and adults, in both traditional and nontraditional settings
- Access to learning opportunities
- Work force development
- Strategic initiatives of area schools, colleges and universities
Includes the improvement of the physical and mental health status for persons of all ages; access to and quality of treatment services; promotion of health and wellness; promotion of the efficient use of healthcare resources; disease prevention and improved health outcomes. These program areas might enhance:
- Health care for the poor and the uninsured
- Access to health services
- Community members in addressing local health needs
- Healthy rural communities
- Health safety net for uninsured and underserved persons
Includes the support of family and individual development; emergency services; parenting skills; human services for children and adolescents; independent living and non-medical services for the elderly and individuals with disabilities; and addresses the basic needs required by all and the special needs required by a few. The program areas might enhance:
- Agencies that deliver critical human services
- Socio-economically disadvantaged
- Basic needs such as food and shelter
- Services that develop skills and independence of people with special needs, including those with addictions, physical disabilities, and mental illness
- Preventive care
- Development of the family unit
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Community Foundation makes grants available to nonprofits that provide services in certain areas of need, including arts and culture, community and civic affairs, education, health, and human services, among others.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSHWP Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.