CFSLC Community Impact Grants
Community Foundation of South Lake County
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 9, 2019 6:00am PST (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Feb 28, 2019 9:00am PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Lake County, Florida
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Note: Must attend the mandatory Grant Application Workshop ("pre-proposal" deadline) at the Community Foundation Office.
Funders around the world see collective impact as a new and more effective process for social change. Research has been proven that using a focused, strategic approach in the granting produces a more measurable impact when that strategy employs efforts in collaboration, data driven performance, focused target areas, and additional funding sources.
The Community Foundation of South Lake is a catalyst for change in our community. Each year, competitive grants are awarded to local non-profit organizations from the income and interest accumulated from our unrestricted funds. In order to be eligible to apply for funding, your non-profit must meet our grant requirements (listed below) and a representative must attend our award presentation. We support a variety of programs in the areas of: Education, Health and Wellness, and Community Development
The Community Foundation of South Lake knows that there are many independent sector organizations doing great work in the South Lake County community and encourage and support those works by providing the opportunity for funding. There is no specific area of focus for the foundation. Evident community impact is required for grant requested. Our Grant Committee thoroughly reviews every proposal. The Committee is comprised of members of our Board of Directors and community leaders with a passion for philanthropy and a dedication to social change and measurable impact.
- Are awarded up to $10,000.
- Must be used within the 1 year time frame outlined in the award agreement. Any expenditure changes must be approved, in writing, by CFSLC prior to implementation by the grantee.
- Are awarded to non-profits who have specific program or capacity needs.
- Indirect costs cannot exceed 20% of the ask.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants are required to:
- Be an active 501(c)(3); including non-profits, churches, schools, cities, etc.
- Use the funds requested to serve South Lake County (includes Clermont, Ferndale, Groveland, Mascotte, Minneola, Stuckey, and Montverde).
- Please note that this does not exclude organizations that are physically outside the geographical area but the grant investment must directly serve South Lake County residents
- Have a minimum of one year of financial data (refer to page 4 of the application)
- Ineligible Applicants:
- Direct support for organizations such as band boosters or parent associations that support public schools, unless they are a registered 501(c)(3)
- Organizations who have not been established and running as a 501(c)(3) for 1 year or more
- Capital Campaigns
- Fundraising expenses, sponsorship, or thrift stores
- Lobbying, activism, or litigation
- No support for religious organizations for religious purposes
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSLC Community Impact Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.