CFSLC Community Impact Grants
Community Foundation of South Lake CountySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Deadline: Jun 7, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Lake County, Florida
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Funders around the world see collective impact as a new and more effective process for social change. Research has been proven that using a focused, strategic approach in the granting produces a more measurable impact when that strategy employs efforts in collaboration, data driven performance, focused target areas, and additional funding sources.
The Community Foundation of South Lake is a catalyst for change in our community. Each year, competitive grants are awarded to local non-profit organizations from the income and interest accumulated from our unrestricted funds. In order to be eligible to apply for funding, your non-profit must meet our grant requirements (listed below) and a representative must attend our Grant workshop and award presentation. We support a variety of programs in the areas of: Education, Health and Wellness, and Community Development.
Community Impact Grants
The Community Foundation of South Lake knows that there are many independent sector organizations doing great work in the South Lake County community and encourage and support those works by providing the opportunity for funding. There is currently no specific area of focus for the foundation. However, evident community impact is required for grantees. Our Grant Committee thoroughly reviews every proposal. The Committee is comprised of members of our Board of Directors and community leaders with a passion for philanthropy, a dedication to social change and measurable impact.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grant funding must serve residents of South Lake County tax district; includes cities of Clermont, Montverde, Groveland, Mascotte, Ferndale, Minneola, and Stuckey.
- Awards up to $25,000
- Must be an active and in good-standing 501(c)3 organization.
- Must have been an active organization for at least 1 year (and provide 1 year of financial history).
- Must attend the mandatory Grant Application Workshop.
- Must register online and complete an application and include required attachments.
- Applicants are encouraged to attend our Non-profit Sustainability workshops.
- Grants made competitively through our Grant cycle are limited to:
- Tax-exempt, nonprofit organizations certified by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code
- Grant must be for the direct benefit of the South Lake County Community which includes communities within the Hospital Tax District and encompasses: Clermont (south to 4-corners included), Ferndale, Groveland, Mascotte, Minneola, Stuckey, and Montverde; please note, this does not mean your organization cannot be from an area outside the tax district, just the grant must directly benefit the South Lake community. Grants from our Family of Funds are not subject to this limitation.
- Minimum of three years of financial and program data. Financial data must be provided, and IRS 501(c)(3) tax return for a 12-month period prior to application.
- Public schools are eligible to apply; funds must be granted to the school, which can then be distributed accordingly.
- Public libraries are eligible to apply.
- The following requests are not eligible for funding from the Community Foundation of South Lake unrestricted pool of assets:
- Capital Campaigns
- Fundraising expenses, sponsorship, or thrift stores
- Infrastructure improvements when the land/building is not owned by the organization
- No support for religious organizations for religious purposes
- Indirect costs or overhead expenses
- Lobbying, activism, or litigation
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSLC Community Impact Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.