CFSPS: Community Grants Program
Community Foundation of South Puget Sound
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $10,000
Deadline: Aug 3, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Washington: Lewis County, Mason County, Thurston County
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Community Grants Program
The Community Foundation’s Community Grants program is a significant source of community funding. The program is made possible by generous donors who have contributed unrestricted and broadly defined area of interest gifts which allow us to respond to the community's changing opportunities and challenges over time.
Our service area is Thurston, Mason, and Lewis counties.
Community Grants Funding Priorities
We support grants that:
- Build upon existing community assets
- Contribute to our region’s arts and culture, basic needs, economy, education, environment, health and wellness, and neighborhoods and communities
- Strengthen the nonprofit sector
- Build community capacity:
- We define community capacity as the combined influence of our region’s commitment, resources, and skills to build upon community strengths and address community issues
- Promote collaboration with other organizations
- Support work that strengthens the ability of people to provide for themselves and their families
We Are Committed to Community Foundation Values
- Collaboration and connectivity
- A regional approach
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Building on prior work and experience
- Shared learning
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are only made to 501(c)(3) public charities that serve Thurston, Mason and/or Lewis county residents.
- We are unable to support:
- Organizations that discriminate with regard to age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, national origin, religious affiliation or presence of disability
- Building funds or annual fund campaigns
- Endowments and debt reduction
- Political activities
- Religious organizations when funds would be used in whole or in part to further the organization’s religious purposes
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CFSPS: Community Grants Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.