Stepping Stone Early Career Bursary Scheme
Challenger Society for Marine ScienceSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2020, Jul 15, 2020, Oct 15, 2020
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be on the last year of their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Stepping Stones Early Career Bursary scheme is designed to support career development of members of the UK marine science community who do not have current indefinite employment. The scheme can provide modest amounts of support (up to £1000 per grant) for activities designed to enhance the career prospects for researchers, but not to provide direct salary support.
Bursaries can be used for research related activities including but not limited to travel, collaborative visits, laboratory or field work and conference participation.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be active in marine science research eg. PhD studies, publications, participation in research campaigns.
- Bursaries are open to PhD candidates (PhD thesis submitted) or post-doctoral researchers, particularly those seeking employment in a research environment post-qualification, and to active researchers between fixed term contracts.
- Applications are welcome from active or recently active researchers that are currently unemployed,
- Applicants holding a fixed term contract may apply up to 3 months before the end of their contract, or up to 3 months prior to their PhD thesis submission date.
- Individuals are only eligible to receive one bursary in any three year period.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be members of the Challenger Society.
- Applications are not permitted from researchers holding permanent positions.
- Salary costs are not eligible to be covered.
- Applicants must be early career researchers, i.e. applications must be made within 10 years of their PhD submission date.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Stepping Stone Early Career Bursary Scheme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.