Stepping Stone Research Bursary Scheme
Challenger Society for Marine Science
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Next anticipated deadline: May 15, 2018
Later anticipated deadlines: Aug 15, 2018, Nov 15, 2018, Feb 15, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher PhD Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be on the last year of their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Stepping Stones scheme is designed to support career development of members of the UK marine science community who do not have current indefinite employment. The scheme can provide modest amounts of support for activities designed to enhance the career prospects for researchers, but not to provide direct salary support.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be active in marine science research eg. PhD studies, publications, participation in research campaigns.
- Bursaries are open to PhD candidates (PhD thesis submitted) or post-doctoral researchers, particularly those seeking employment in a research environment post-qualification, and to active researchers between fixed term contracts
- Applications are welcome from active or recently active researchers that are currently unemployed,
- Applicants holding a fixed term contract may apply up to 3 months before the end of their contract, or up to 3 months prior to their PhD thesis submission date.
- Individuals are only eligible to receive one bursary in any three year period.
- Bursaries can be used for research related activities including but not limited to:
- collaborative visits;
- laboratory or field work; and
- conference participation.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be members of the Challenger Society.
- Applications are not permitted from researchers holding permanent positions.
- Salary costs are not eligible to be covered.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Stepping Stone Research Bursary Scheme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.