Charity Pot Funding
LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
Grant amount: Up to US $25,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: Caribbean, Central America, North America Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Preferred: Caribbean, Central America, North America Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Who we support
Our Charity Pot funding supports small, grassroots organizations in North America and around the world that are working on the root cause of issues and creating long-term sustainable change.
Groups work in the following 3 areas:
Recognize animals as sentient beings, deserving of care and protection, and who should not be subjected to cruelty or exploitation for human gain.
Defending the rights of nature and standing up for a healthy, sustainable environment for future generations.
Stand for the rights, visibility and equality of all people worldwide and for the defense of those most vulnerable.
Groups can be registered and unregistered organizations, non-profits, indigenous and community organizations with an annual revenue of $500,000 or less.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- What does it take to be a Charity Pot partner?
- We're looking for organizations that push the boundaries and challenge mainstream opinion through public engagement and holding governments accountable.
- We support non-violent, direct-action groups because we feel it plays an important part in bringing about social change.
- Non-violent direct action includes protests, demonstrations and other non-violent interventions.
- We believe we can make the most impact by funding causes that are often overlooked by other funders.
- We give priority to less popular issues where it’s often more difficult to raise funds.
- We're looking for initiatives that are far reaching rather than ones that benefit just a few individuals.
- We also look for projects that promote and implement viable, fair and sustainable solutions.
- We believe in grassroots-led solutions, therefore, internationally we support those who are best suited to make decisions for their communities.
- Our international grants go to support local grassroots organizations where decision-making is held by local leaders.
- Organizations based in North America but working overseas will need to demonstrate how local knowledge and expertise are part of the decision-making process and how local people implement projects.
- What types of groups are we unable to support? We’re passionate about our beliefs and we want to be sure that the organizations we support match our ethics. As a result, our Charity Pot funding does not provide grants to those that:
- Promote or support violence, aggression, prejudice or oppression or any infringement on human rights.
- Are involved in cruelty or subjugation of animals, including testing on animals for research or using animals for human gain including the use of animals in entertainment.
- Force, coerce or exclude others based on religious or spiritual beliefs.
- Are connected to political parties, political rallies or otherwise partisan in their work.
- Are not making the effort to be environmentally responsible.
- Are schools, individual expeditions, sponsored walks/runs/events or fundraising initiatives.
- We do not provide unrestricted funding and require a detailed budget breakdown of the funds requested. We limit the amount of support we give to administration costs and staff salaries, and we don’t fund domestic or international flights.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charity Pot Funding by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.