Charles County Forestry Grant
Chesapeake Bay Trust
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Applicant type: Individuals Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Charles County, Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Charles County Government and the Chesapeake Bay Trust are pleased to partner to offer funds for forestry projects in Charles County, Maryland. The goal of this program is to implement cost-effective reforestation projects in the county to increase tree canopy and as a result create forest habitat and improve water quality in the county’s local watersheds and ultimately the Chesapeake Bay. By increasing tree cover and expanding green areas, erosion can be reduced, water and soil quality can be improved, airborne pollutants such as particulates, nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide can be filtered, and summer temperatures and resulting ozone pollution and energy use can be reduced.
What this funds:
Projects that will increase tree canopy and as a result create forest habitat and improve water quality.
Projects on individual private, commercial private, community-owned, school sites, and non-profit property are eligible for funding.
Projects on federal and state land cannot be considered under this funding source.
Applicants may apply to either:
- TRACK A: serve as project manager to implement a forestry project, or
- TRACK B: offer project site ideas and obtain technical assistance from the Trust in implementing a forestry projects
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This opportunity is open to:
- Track A: applicants who have the capacity and interest in leading a project through implementation
- Track B: applicants, such as individual landowners or small homeowners associations, who have project site ideas that they would like to offer for tree planting projects, but who are not able serve as project leads.
- Not-for-profit entities, schools, and government entities can apply for either track, depending on the capacity of the organization to lead the implementation of the project. For-profit entities (contractors, consultants) must apply to Track A. Individual and commercial landowners should apply to Track B.
- For those requesting funds through Track A, funds may be requested for:
- Plant material;
- Site preparation costs (soil amendment, invasives removal);
- Planting costs;
- Two-year maintenance costs;
- Costs to develop long-term protection agreements (priority will be given to projects that do not request funding in this category; however, for projects with high ecological value support for these elements will be considered)
- For not-for-profit entities, project management costs not to exceed 6% of the sum of the other budget categories.
- Matching is not required, but applicants are strongly encouraged to leverage support with cash and in kind match.
- Funding will not be provided for other types of costs beyond those listed as acceptable, including indirect or overhead.
- Funding partners are unable to fund projects or programs that are required by a separate Federal, state, or locally issued permit, decree, or enforcement action.
- In addition, funding partners cannot support projects that lead to financial benefit, such as creation of a mitigation bank.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charles County Forestry Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.