Charles County Forestry Grant
Chesapeake Bay TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Applicant type: Individuals Government Entity Nonprofit For-Profit Business
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Charles County, Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Charles County Forestry Grant Program aims to implement cost-effective reforestation projects in the County to increase tree canopy and as a result create forest habitat and improve water quality in the county’s local watersheds and ultimately the Chesapeake Bay. By increasing tree cover and expanding green areas, erosion can be reduced, water and soil quality can be improved, airborne pollutants such as particulates, nitrogen oxide and carbon monoxide can be filtered, and summer temperatures and resulting ozone pollution and energy use can be reduced.
What this funds: For those requesting funds through Track A, funds may be requested for:
- Plant material;
- Site preparation costs (soil amendment, invasive species removal);
- Planting costs;
- Two-year maintenance costs;
- For not-for-profit entities, project management costs.
Applicants may apply to either:
- TRACK A: serve as project manager to implement a forestry project, or
- TRACK B: offer project site ideas and obtain technical assistance from the Trust in implementing a forestry projects. See RFA for complete details.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Project site proposals are sought from individuals, nonprofit organizations, and contractors.
- Projects on individual private, commercial private, community-owned, school sites, and nonprofit owned property are eligible for funding.
- Proposed project sites will need to sign a property agreement stating they agree to preserve and protect the conservation values of the planting project for a minimum of ten years.
- Applications may include any 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization such as local watershed groups, community associations, faith-based organizations, public agencies, Soil/Water Conservation Districts, individual landowners, contractors, and more. See the RFP for the full list or organizations.
- This opportunity is open to:
- applicants who have the capacity and interest in leading a project through implementation
- applicants, such as individual landowners or small homeowners associations, who have project site ideas that they would like to offer for tree planting projects, but who are not able serve as project leads.
- Applicants may therefore apply to either:
- serve as project manager to implement a forestry project (Track A), or offer project site ideas and obtain technical assistance from the Trust in implementing a forestry project (Track B).
- Matching is not required, but applicants are strongly encouraged to leverage support with cash and in kind match.
- Projects on federal and state land cannot be considered under this funding source.
- Funding will not be provided for other types of costs beyond those listed as acceptable, including indirect or overhead.
- Funding partners are unable to fund projects or programs that are required by a separate Federal, state, or locally issued permit, decree, or enforcement action.
- In addition, funding partners cannot support projects that lead to financial benefit, such as creation of a mitigation bank.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charles County Forestry Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.