Charles Hayward Foundation: Main Grant Programme - Overseas
Charles Hayward FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £15,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Botswana; Cameroon; Ghana; Kenya; Lesotho; Malawi; Mauritius; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Seychelles; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Swaziland; Tanzania, United Republic of; Uganda; Zambia Show all
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In this category we are looking to fund projects that improve the livelihoods of disadvantaged communities in Commonwealth Countries of Africa.
We fund projects in the following sub-categories:
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- UK registered charity delivering projects in Commonwealth Countries of Africa and have an annual income of between £150,000 and £5,000,000.
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate that robust governance and monitoring procedures are in place.
- Our funding priorities:
- Projects that adopt a holistic approach throughout all project stages and have a well defined ‘exit strategy’
- Projects being delivered at the grass-roots level through an established and proven delivery partner who is fully engaged with the local community
- Projects that clearly demonstrate the local communities involvement and that necessary training and education is in place to sustain the project beyond the delivery partner’s departure
- Generally we do not fund the following:
- General appeals
- Running costs
- Grant making charities
- Loan and deficits
- Retrospectively, i.e. costs already incurred prior to receiving a decision from the Foundation
- Disaster appeals
- Gap years, electives, project visits overseas
- Overseas disability awareness
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charles Hayward Foundation: Main Grant Programme - Overseas by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.