Charles Hayward Foundation: Small Grant Programme
Charles Hayward FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £7,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Social & Criminal Justice
- Older People
Social and Criminal Justice
We are looking to fund projects at a local and community level delivering an aspect or strands of the following sub-categories.
- Targeted early intervention programmes aimed at reaching the most troubled and vulnerable families in a community.
- Preventative and diversionary projects for young people at risk of offending including tailored interventions identifying and addressing the particular needs of girls and young women.
- Programmes, particularly those with a focus on young offenders, combining prison based and community interventions dealing with rehabilitation of offenders, accommodation and support on release, helping with maintaining family relationships, mentoring, and mapping and creating pathways to employment.
- Programmes of support directed towards rehabilitating the victims of domestic abuse and criminal exploitation.
In this category we wish to fund preventative and early intervention programmes being delivered locally which allow older people to stay in their own homes and remain independent. We are particularly interested in seeking out programmes which show some creativity in improving the quality of life of older people.
- Programmes aiming to alleviate isolation and depression in older people, including informal day care or social, physical and recreational activities
- Programmes which mainly use volunteers to give practical help, assistance and support for older people living in their own homes
- Programmes addressing the emotional and practical needs of older carers
- Programmes designed to meet the specific needs of people with dementia
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only UK registered charities with an income of less than £350,000 can apply.
- The area of operation for our small grant programme is the British Isles.
- Generally, when funding projects, we value projects that develop, expand and replicate a tried and tested approach but we are also interested in supporting creative solutions to problems which seem to be entrenched and elude resolution.
- We value projects that are preventative and provide early intervention.
- We favour projects that respond to a well researched and clear need, provide intervention based on evidence of what works, are able to demonstrate value for money and have a clear understanding of short-term effects and long-term impact of the intervention they propose.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charles Hayward Foundation: Small Grant Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.