Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund - Operating Grant Cycle
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Feb 8, 2021 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Mecklenburg County, North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund Operating Grant Cycle
The Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund (CLGF) will award grants to Charlotte-area organizations serving the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) community.
Basic Operating Grants are intended to build capacity and strengthen the effectiveness of 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations serving Charlotte’s LGBTQ community. Eligible organizations will provide at least 75% of their services and utilize at least 75% of their budget within the Charlotte-Mecklenburg area. Grants will be awarded to support general operations of organizations that fulfill the vision of CLGF:
“…to cultivate one community with the belief that all people should be treated with respect and dignity.”
Applicant organization’s services should support CLGF’s mission and vision by including these key components:
- Build understanding and appreciation as well as promote value of inclusion within the organization’s circle of influence, especially LGBTQ populations not previously targeted.
- Cultivate opportunities for leadership by contributions of LGBTQ people.
- Engage and include all people from diverse backgrounds and sexual orientation in programs, services and organizational values.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations include:
- 501(c)3 nonprofits
- Governmental institutions
- Educational institutions
- Geographic Focus:
- Mecklenburg County – NC
- As you complete your application, give special consideration to documenting these priorities.
- Scope of impact: This organization has a positive impact on its audience and the Charlotte LGBTQ community.
- Nurtures individuals to actualize their potential: This organization supports individuals within the LGBTQ community as they make their personal journey through acceptance, pride, support of community, and leadership.
- Presents a positive image of LGBTQ people to the community: This organization presents a fair and positive understanding of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer.
- Effectiveness: This organization is an effective way of providing the services and benefits it offers.
- Diversity: This organization engages and includes people from diverse backgrounds
- Defined measures: This organization identifies clear objectives and uses metrics and measures to define a successful outcome.
- Project Budget: This organization’s budget presents reasonable costs for services performed and an efficient way to achieve the objectives.
- Organizational Experience: This organization has the appropriate talent, skills, and experience to execute its objectives and effectively utilize grant funds.
- Areas Typically Not Funded
- Capital campaigns and endowment funds
- Hardware, software, or other similar forms of technology infrastructure
- Organizations for re-granting purposes
- Debt retirement/deficit funding
- Projects that promote policy advocacy, political activity or religious views
- Activities occurring prior to grant decision
- Projects typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- New proposals that duplicate existing or established programs or services
- Strategic Planning in “ordinary course of business”
- Publication of books
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund - Operating Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.