Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund Project Program and Events Grant Cycle
Foundation for the CarolinasSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 15, 2020 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
Location of residency: Mecklenburg County, North CarolinaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund Project Program and Events Grant
Programs, Projects, and Events (PPE) Grants are awarded to encourage 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to serve the LGBTQ community either directly or in partnership with another organization(s). LGBTQ as well as non-LGBTQ organizations are eligible for a PPE Grant of up to $5,000 for programs, projects, and events that support the vision of the CLGF:
“…to cultivate one community with the belief that all people should be treated with equal respect and dignity.”
Proposed programs, projects, and events should support CLGF’s mission and vision by including these key components:
- Build understanding and appreciation as well as promote value of inclusion within the organization’s circle of influence, especially LGBTQ populations not previously targeted.
- Cultivate opportunities for leadership by contributions of LGBTQ people.
- Engage and include all people from diverse backgrounds and sexual orientation in programs, services and organizational values.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible organizations include:
- 501(c)3 nonprofits
- Governmental institutions
- Educational institutions
- Geographic Focus:
- Mecklenburg County – NC
- As you complete your application, give special consideration to documenting these priorities.
- Scope of impact: This project will have a positive impact on its audience and the Charlotte LGBTQ community.
- Nurtures individuals to actualize their potential: This project supports individuals within the LGBTQ community as they make their personal journey through acceptance, pride, support of community, and leadership.
- Presents a positive image of LGBTQ people to the community: This project presents a fair and positive understanding of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender.
- Effectiveness: This proposal is an effective way of providing the services and benefits defined in the application.
- Diversity: The project will engage and include people from diverse backgrounds.
- Defined measures: The proposal identifies a clear objective, states the target audience and provides metrics and measures to define a successful outcome.
- Project Budget: The proposed budget presents reasonable costs for services performed and an efficient way to achieve the objectives.
- Timeline: The proposed timeline is realistic for accomplishing the outcomes.
- Organizational Experience: The organization has the appropriate talent, skills, and experience to execute the proposed project and effectively utilize grant funds
- Areas Typically Not Funded
- Capital campaigns and endowment funds
- Hardware, software, or other similar forms of technology infrastructure
- Organizations for re-granting purposes
- Debt retirement/deficit funding
- Projects that promote policy advocacy, political activity or religious views
- Activities occurring prior to grant decision
- Projects typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Duplication of existing programs or services by new nonprofit organizations in geographic locations with established programs or services
- Strategic Planning in “ordinary course of business” (Consideration may be given to requests for new lines of business, innovative programs, and other unique opportunities.)
- Publication of books
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Charlotte Lesbian and Gay Fund Project Program and Events Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.