Gordon Charter Foundation Grant
The Gordon Charter Foundation
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $40,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project, Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Behavioral, Biomedical
Location of project: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Gordon Charter Foundation was founded in November 2009 as The Charter Foundation. The name of the Foundation was recently changed to differentiate it from other foundations and schools with the name Charter.
Who We Are
The Charter Foundation received funding July 1, 2010 and has assumed certain multi-year grant commitments. The assumption of these commitments will mean that there will be limited resources for us to be able to fund all of the many worthy organizations that apply.
The Foundation has been founded and is being run by a family with strong ties to the Philadelphia area and that is where the majority of The Foundation’s grantmaking will be made. Worthy organizations and their programs and capital needs will be considered through an on line application process.
The Gordon Charter Foundation is committed to assisting healthcare, medical research, educational and other charitable organizations, primarily in the Greater Philadelphia area, that make a difference in improving the lives of people. The Foundation will have particular interest in assisting organizations that serve people in need of help who are suffering from illness, poverty, abuse, aging, hunger, homelessness or other challenges.
Arts and Culture
The Foundation will consider making grants to organizations that offer arts and culture to people in The Greater Philadelphia Area. The types of organizations that fit this category would include but not be limited to museums, theaters, zoos, art centers. Priority will be given to organizations that provide outreach and programs for disadvantaged and underserved populations.
The Foundation will fund educational institutions, and programs for at-risk or disadvantaged, children and adults. Priority will be given to organizations that provide outreach and programs for disadvantaged and underserved populations.
While the Foundation is supportive of the environment, grants primarily for environmental purposes will not generally be considered a core objective of the Foundation.
However, the Foundation has great interest in the environmental impact of the organizations and projects it supports. For example, on more than one occasion in the past, the Foundation's Trustees have strongly endorsed and supported grants to fund proposals for the design and implementation of innovative educational programs focused on environmental science offered by accredited educational institutions. Other proposals with an innovative environmental focus will be considered.
The Foundation will fund non–profit hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and medical research institutes, and other organizations that provide or promote medical care, and aid for children and the elderly and infirm. Priority will be given to organizations that provide outreach and programs for disadvantaged and underserved populations.
The Foundation will fund organizations that help elderly, infirm, and disadvantaged people in need of vital human services. Priority will be given to organizations that provide outreach and programs for disadvantaged and underserved populations.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- You must be able to answer yes to the following questions:
- Is your charity designated with current tax exemption status under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and/or recognized as a public charity with the meaning?
- Is your budget less than $10,000,000 per year?
- Has your organization been in operation for at least three years and can demonstrate this with three years of operating financial data?
- Does your organization have at least one full time employee?
- Has your organization been in sound financial condition for the past three years? (No deficits greater than 10% of operating budget for one year out of three years)
- Do 100% of your board members contribute to your organization?
- Does your organization have a current clean audit opinion?
- The Foundation will consider requests for capital expenses, equipment purchases, endowment or operating costs
- Is your charity a regranting Organization? *
- Did we fund your organization in the current or previous calendar year? *
- The Foundation does not generally give grants to individuals, political, fraternal and/or civic organizations, or other private foundations. Additionally, we do not participate in annual appeals, annual event sponsorship requests or other letters of solicitation. Please see Priorities for Grantmaking on this website for a complete list of exclusions.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Gordon Charter Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.