Chatlos Foundation Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Christianity Education - Higher Education Health Facilities & Clinics Child Welfare Services Vocational & Trade Education Workforce Preparation & Job Readiness Crime Prevention & Justice Disability Care & Services Senior Services Family Services Basic Human Needs Religious / Theological Education Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United States
About The Chatlos Foundation
The Chatlos Foundation proclaims the Glory of God by funding nonprofit organizations doing work in the United States and around the globe. Support is provided to organizations currently exempt by the Internal Revenue Service of the United States.
Philosophy of Giving
Placement of an organization within our categories is determined by the organization’s overall mission rather than the project under consideration.
The Foundation’s areas of interest are:
Grants to Bible colleges and seminaries total 33% of Foundation distribution. History has shown grants in this category range in size from $5,000 to $20,000. To assure the Foundation that the philosophy of the institution is consistent with that of the Foundation, potential recipients are asked to sign our Statement of Faith.
Grants to religious organizations total 30% of Foundation distribution. History has shown that grants in this category range in size from $5,000 to $15,000.
Liberal Arts Colleges
Grants to liberal arts colleges total 7% of Foundation distribution. History has shown that grants in this category range in size from $2,500 to $7,500. Priority consideration is given to private colleges.
Grants to medical organizations total 26% of Foundation distribution. History has shown that grants in this category range in size from $5,000 to $15,000.
Grants to organizations involved in social concerns total 4% of distribution. History has shown that grants in this category range in size from $2,000 to $5,000. This category encompasses secular community programs which provide direct services such as child welfare, vocational training, prison alternatives, concerns for the aged and disabled, and men, women and families in crisis.
Program support remains a current priority for the Foundation.
On an initial basis, the Foundation tends to fund requests for amounts less than $10,000.
It is important to note that it is not our intention to become a part of an annual budget. We expect the projects we fund to become independent of The Chatlos Foundation.
Many organizations are worthy of funding, however, our funding is limited. Applicants should understand that rejection of the proposal in no way signals rejection of the proposer.
The large number of requests we receive causes us to decline many proposals which are worthy of attention and funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Non-profit organizations based in the United States that have been in existence for 2 or more years and are recognized as tax exempt by the IRS may apply for a grant.
- Program support remains a current priority for the Foundation.
- Less emphasis is given to grant requests for:
- Bricks and Mortar
- Conference and administrative expenses
- Multi-year grants
- We continue to be non-receptive to requests for:
- Medical research
- Support to individual church congregations and associated ministries
- Education below college level
- Organizations in existence for less than a two-year period as indicated by the date of their tax exempt letter from the IRS.
- The Arts
- The Foundation does not make scholarship grants directly to individuals but rather to educational institutions which in turn select recipients.
- Contributions cannot be made to organizations which discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, creed, age, or national origin.
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”