Cheryl Saban Self Worth Foundation for Women & Girls Grant
Cheryl Saban Self Worth Foundation for Women & GirlsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $250,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Israel, United Kingdom, California, Colorado, Florida, New York, Texas, Utah Show all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Cheryl Saban Self-Worth Foundation for Women and Girls believes that Gender Equality and the empowerment of women and girls is fundamental to changing society for the better for all humankind.
Current Grant Making Areas
Women's Empowerment - Leadership Training
Our foundation believes that girls and women are not only capable partners in any endeavor they choose to pursue, but their participation and leadership in all aspects of life is fundamental to the harmony, safety, peace, and success of our world. However, women and girls across the globe face daunting challenges – including access to their basic human rights. Ending violence against women and girls and promoting the rights of women, girls and LGBT people is nearly ground zero for every program. Our foundation makes grants to organizations that offer small business training programs, women’s financial training initiatives, outreach programs, and more.
Educational Scholarships & STEM Programs
“A child without education is like a bird without wings.” This Tibetan proverb is poignantly apropos. Without an education, girls are at a distinct disadvantage, and may not have a chance to reach their full potential. Certainly when half the population is kept out of the decision-making process due to lack of knowledge, it’s clear that education needs to be a priority. Our Foundation is serious about closing the gap that exists between genders. We want to help give girls and women equal status, equal pay for equal work, and to be ready to develop and navigate around the cutting edge technology that our world functions within. To do this, we fund grants for college scholarships, high-school scholarships, STEM programs, Computer Science programs, and teacher training programs.
Healthcare & Family Planning
Health is a fundamental component to our wellbeing. When we’re feeling healthy and strong, we’re capable of accomplishing what we set out to do, and have a better chance of handling life’s stresses. However, without robust health, both physical and mental, the opposite can be true. Our Foundation seeks to help mitigate the problems that can arise due to lack of healthcare by making grants to organizations that focus on specific areas of need: children, mothers, family planning.
Advocacy for Women's Rights
In order for Women and Girls to be fully represented, and to have an equal number of “seats at the proverbial policy table” we must encourage women to take a leadership role in the political activities of their communities, businesses, cities, and countries. Our Foundation funds organizations that actively advocate for policy change, and that also teach advocacy skills.
The CS Self Worth Foundation works in the United States and abroad. We work with partners we trust, whose values are aligned with our own. We take our mission seriously, and want our investments to help change lives for the better. When we make a grant to an organization, our common goal is to have a global impact.
The Cheryl Saban Self-Worth Foundation for Women and Girls (“Foundation”) accepts proposals from organizations with demonstrated successes in our outlined focus area, specifically, programs that seek to educate, advance, and empower girls and women of all ages, particularly in the STEM fields. Examples of such programs include micro-finance, micro-enterprise, and scholarship programs geared toward enabling women to reach financial self-sufficiency and programs geared toward financial education, asset building and that otherwise seek to advance women in their communities.
We invite grant proposals from 501(c)(3) organizations for programs that:
- Seek to educate, advance and empower women and girls beyond providing for immediate basic needs;
- Implement and teach entrepreneurial principles, training and practices, including supporting the initial stages of new women-run enterprises;
- Establish groundwork for long-term sustainability of women-owned enterprises;
- Focus beyond basic needs of women to build intellectual, social, economic and emotional strengths;
- Teach the skills of financial literacy, personal money management, business practices and job-seeking skills;
- Support and guide women through the steps of business planning and forming their own enterprises;
- Provide access to credit needed to start or grow micro-enterprises;
- Provide access to finance and technical assistance to small and growing women owned and operated businesses in any sector of the economy;
- Increase access to education for women, and support innovatively teaching strategies that increase the achievement of women and improve literacy levels.
- Encourage women to put their financial knowledge into action by taking advantage of asset building services such as insurance, remittances, savings, matched savings, home ownership, and tax credit programs; and/or
- Increase understanding of the role of financial education in changing financial behaviors and producing positive financial outcomes for participants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applying organizations must:
- Be a 501(c)(3) organization that has been in existence for three years at the time of application
- be engaged in work relevant to Foundation values, strategic objectives and priorities
- demonstrate accountability and good governance
- The Foundation does not provide funding for:
- Lobbying activities
- Start-up costs or seed monies;
- Annual fundraising drives;
- Project undertaken by individuals;
- General support (for first-time grantees); or
- Capital costs, including equipment or real estate purchases/renovations.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cheryl Saban Self Worth Foundation for Women & Girls Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.