Outreach and Restoration Grant
Chesapeake Bay TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $75,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 22, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Outreach and Restoration Grant Program
This funding opportunity through the Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust) and in partnership with the City of Baltimore Department of Public Works, Charles County, the City of Gaithersburg, Harford County, Howard County, Queen Anne’s County, and the City of Salisbury, and aims to engage a diverse range of organizations, both with community-related missions and focused environmental missions, to facilitate projects that enhance communities, involve residents, and improve natural resources.
The Outreach and Restoration grant program welcomes applications for projects across the state of Maryland.
This Program was established to provide accessible funds to organizations and agencies to implement community-led stewardship efforts that increase public understanding of environmental challenges; implement demonstration-scale, community-based, on-the-ground restoration projects; and expand the base of public support necessary to advance the restoration of Maryland’s bays, tributaries, and other natural resources.
Track 1: Outreach projects should: Increase public knowledge and engagement in the challenges and solutions to restoring Maryland’s natural resources: local green spaces from urban to rural, parks, streams, rivers, and bays.
Track 2: Restoration projects should: Engage people in on-the-ground community-based projects that benefit both the community and the quality of one or more natural resources (examples: water quality, tree canopy, and habitat).
Track 3: Outreach and Restoration projects should: Combine the goals for both tracks above in order to achieve increased meaningful and measurable outcomes.
Read full 2020 RFP here.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Trust is committed to the advancement of diversity and inclusion in its grantmaking and environmental work. As a result, the Trust strongly encourages grant applications directly from underrepresented groups and for projects that increase awareness and participation of communities that are traditionally underrepresented, such as communities of color.
- Cash and in-kind match are not required but will be viewed favorably.
- The following cannot be funded in this program:
- Endowments, deficit financing, individuals, building campaigns, annual giving, research, fund raising, or venture capital;
- Mitigation or other projects required by an existing or pending regulatory permit or action.
- Political lobbying;
- Reimbursement for a project that has been completed or materials that have been purchased; and
- Projects and programs located outside of Maryland.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Outreach and Restoration Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.