Community Health Improvement Fund Grants: Magic Valley
Saint Luke's Health FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Next deadline: Mar 28, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Later deadlines: Aug 28, 2019 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Idaho: Blaine County, Camas County, Cassia County, Gooding County, Jerome County, Lincoln County, Minidoka County, Twin Falls County Expand all
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Community Health Improvement Fund Grants
St. Luke’s is committed to improving the health of people in the communities we serve. Our Community Health Improvement Fund (CHIF) supports community health improvement activities. The fund was established to provide financial or in-kind support to nonprofit organizations that are also working to improve the health of people in the community.
Purpose and Philosophy
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must meet these minimum requirements:
- Have current 501c3, tax-exempt status under IRS Code Section 170 or be a government agency/department or public education institution.
- Operate under written articles of incorporation and bylaws or other written documents or statutes that define the applicant’s purpose, membership, management, and operation.
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis in employment, recruitment of volunteers and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate effective program performance, financial responsibility and accountability.
- Funding will only be considered for proposals that meet ALL of these criteria:
- Benefits community health.
- Benefit a geographic area served by St. Luke’s Magic Valley which includes the eight counties of South Central Idaho.
- Consistent with St. Luke’s mission.
- Demonstrate collaboration and coordination—not duplication—with St. Luke’s and/or other community organizations.
- Ability to provide a quarterly Project Performance Report based on measurable, predicted outcomes that demonstrate program effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to provide visibility for this partnership with St. Luke’s. (Logo on website, social media, newsletters, flyers/posters, invitations, etc.)
- Priority will be given to proposals that address one or more of the top ranking community health needs as identified by St. Luke’s Magic Valley’s 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment:
- Improve the Prevention, Detection and Treatment of Obesity and Diabetes
- Improve the Prevention, Detection and Management of Mental Illness and Reduce Suicide
- Improve Access to Affordable Health Care and Affordable Health Insurance
- The Review Committee will not approve funding for:
- Political or religious activities
- Construction costs
- Endowment programs
- Staff positions
- Requests benefiting an individual
- Project requests for more than $20,000
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Community Health Improvement Fund Grants: Magic Valley by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.