CHS Seeds For Stewardship Grant
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 12, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
CHS and the CHS Foundation award grants to projects that develop the next generation of ag leaders, improve ag safety and build vibrant rural communities.
CHS Community Investment
Creating a strong future for rural America.
At CHS, we recognize we wouldn’t have success without our rural communities. For us, giving back is essential to our business.
The CHS Foundation supports education and leadership development in rural America through funding of adult education and leadership programs. CHS gives priority to innovative and collaborative approaches to address emerging issues and opportunities in rural communities.
CHS Seeds for Stewardship
Shaping the future of agriculture, the new CHS Seeds for Stewardship program matches dollars for projects in your community. Cooperatives can help grow pride in their community by applying for matching funds to support community projects.
When organizations in rural communities look for support, cooperatives across rural America step up and lend a hand. Many cooperatives give back locally through volunteer hours and donations. Over the past few years, CHS owners have spoken up , sharing their stores of local contributions made to keep rural communities thriving.
CHS Stewardship has launched the Seeds for Stewardship (SFS) program to help owners and local organizations grow their impact on communities. The new competitive matching grants program allows cooperatives to apply for matching funds up to $5,000 for local projects ranging from agricultural education to safety.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Any member-cooperative or CHS Country Operations location is eligible to apply. Each cooperative can receive up to $5,000 in matching funds annually.
- Cooperatives can receive up to two grants per year; A maximum of $5,000 and minimum of $1,000 in matching contributions will be considered.
- Cooperatives with multiple locations are eligible to receive up to two grants per year on behalf of the entire organization; regardless of how many locations they have.
- A local cooperative must submit the grant on behalf of the local organization.
- Priority given to efforts that improve ag safety of rural communities and cultivate ag leaders, such as grain engulfment and fire safety training and support for local 4-H or FFA programs.
- Requests directly from a charitable organization will not be accepted. Please visit your local cooperative and encourage them to apply for matching funds on your organization’s behalf.
- Programs not typically supported through Seeds for Stewardship include support of individuals, scholarships, sports teams, disaster relief, fundraisers, advertising or one-time events.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CHS Seeds For Stewardship Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.