Chun Foundation Grant Program
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Apr 15, 2019
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Hawaii
Location of residency: HawaiiView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Chun Foundation in Memory of Say Chong Chun, Chew Hoong Lum Chun, and Bowman Michael Chun was created in 1994 for the purpose of funding organizations which carry on medical research into the causes and cures of the diseases of children, and those which provide funds for the medical care of such children, particularly the children of Hawaii. The donor, Bowman Michael Chun, established the foundation in honor of his parents and in recognition of his concern for the plight and suffering of children in Hawaii who are afflicted with disease.
Medical Care of Children (Aged 15 and Under)
Grants will be made to community-based charitable organizations, which in turn distribute these funds in the form of financial assistance for eligible children. Assistance is intended to provide help in areas where other services are unavailable.
Eligible child means a person who (ALL criteria must be applicable to each child):
- Is aged 15 and under, born, raised and living in the State of Hawaii;
- Is suffering from a childhood disease;
- Is in financial need.
Examples of assistance for medical care:
- Medical expenses for health care, not covered by insurance or other health care programs;
- Prescription costs, not covered by insurance or other health programs;
- Transportation costs to receive treatment;
- Airplane and hotel costs for children coming to Oahu from other islands in order to receive
treatment(requires explicit information)
Each expenditure must respond to a specific request made by a professional service provider (such as a social worker, therapist, physician) for a specific item or service.
Payments must be made to vendors for the benefit of eligible individuals. Payments must not be made directly to the child or his or her family member.
Indirect and/or administrative costs are limited to 5% of the project/program budget.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grantmaking Policy
- Only proposals for projects submitted by organizations determined to be tax exempt, publicly supported and charitable by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501 (c)(3) organization, or a unit of government will be reviewed.
- Proposals will be considered for either Research (basic or clinical research); or Medical Care.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Chun Foundation Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.